Are home STD tests reliable

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,

Are home std tests reliable and trustworthy. the one i got was a urine test that covered Chlamydia, gonorrhea, trich, mycoplasma genitalium, ureaplasma, gardnerella and herpes 1/2. I had to pee first void into a small urine sample bottle then send it away for testing. all results came back negative but i am still having the tingling discomfort feeling inside my penis. the results came back 2/3 later. my issue might have nothing to do with stds but i wanted to get these checked for piece of mind. i stupidly googled my symptoms and have been a nervous wreck since. I have been sexually active and condom's have been used but as we know. condoms aren't 100% safe. after a recent encounter i did have balanitis 4 days after but i put that down to possible hygiene or maybe irritant from condom and friction

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hey,

Thanks for sharing this information and to say if the test is reliable and trustworthy, may i know where you ordered the test kit? From NHS? or some online commercial provider?

Regards,

• Posted

i ordered the kit from a website, webmedpharmacy. They are licensed by the pharmaceutical government etc

• Posted

I had a look at the website and I think the test is accurate.

• Edited

they dont do the testing themselves. they send it to the doctor's laboratory for testing. i checked up on it. it legit too. or going by what i found it is. hope so because i used them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.