Are my ear drums okay? Been having pain and muffled hearing

Posted , 2 users are following.

My ear feels like it takes in air when i move my jaw, as there’s a weird sound like there’s wax, but there isn’t any. I’ve been having some pain that’s been really irritating. I have an image of my eardrum if it helps as I purchased one of them cameras to see if you have wax.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

That looks like a build up of wax. Your eardrum should look pearly grey not black. Do you clean your ears with ear buds or something similar? You may have pushed a lot of the wax back into the canal and ist become impacted. Get some olive oil and drip it into your ear. Lay with that side of your head uppermost for 15 minutes. Then sit up and you will have to mop up the excess oil with a tissue. That should soften the wax so that it gradually works its way out of your ear. If it doesnt, then see your doctor.DO NOT poke anything in your ear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.