Are my fibroids makon me sick?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ladies,

I have several fibroids, about a year and half ago the largest was only 5cm. Now I look 7 months pregnant, the pain is all month long, my bleeding only stops for maybe 2 days a week. For the last few days I have been much dizzier than normal, I almost passed out a couple of times. Everytime I stand up I have to hold onto something for a few minutes before I can move. The nausea is constant, and a low grade fever off and on. Advil, Tylenol, and Morin switched throughout the day are barely helping. I am exhausted no matter how much or little sleep I get... Please help me, I'm in tears all of the time. Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Is it possible you are anemic. This is very common with fibroids and heavy bleeding. Your doctor can do a simple blood test. In the mean time you could start on an iron supplement and see if you feel better. I'm sorry you are going through this!

• Posted

Thank you Lorene... I had blood work recently and it said that my iron was ok. Having had papillary carcinoma of the Thyroid 10 years ago I can't take iron supplements so I make sure to eat a diet that is iron packed. I wonder if I necrotic tissue that is causing an infection. My fever is climbing tonight.

• Posted

I'm glad your iron is ok. With a fever it may be good to see the doctor. Hugs.

• Posted

I was hoping to avoid that, as I'm sure most of us are. Thank you for replying. Hugs

• Posted

Hello

Wow you had so much to deal with. Even though you may feel exhausted you sound like a brave and strong woman and you should be proud of your self. I know this is so frustrating but keep looking I pray one day you will find a solution that is so simple and this would be history.

I don't think I can help much, my similar symptoms were caused by anemia. I found that Ponstan (mefenamic acid) and Prifinium bromide help with the cramps.

Fe pills didn't do me much good, blood is much more than iron. I take lots of liver. Spleen is great but I don't have a taste for it. Beetroot. Red raisins, red fruits, raw nuts with skin like walnuts and almonds all help. It's good that you are taking care of your diet.

Infections are easily detectible with tests. If you don't have anemia, and obviosly you are monitoring your TSH, maybe it has to do with stress-related vitamins like B complex, zinc, pholic acid...

Good Luck.

• Posted

Asila, Thank you for your reply. I'll have to try some of the foods you mentioned. I can't do liver, lol, I've tried a few times and it makes me gag. I will definitely get some of the veggies and nuts though. I have an appointment with the endocrinologist coming up to do labs. She's been concerned about the rest of my endocrine system. I have done a ton of research and found that the hormones associated with the endocrine system have a huge affect on the growth of fibroids. My gyn only wants to do a hysterectomy but I don't want that. I want to keep my uterus as it has lifetime function beyond acting as a baby maker. I have been advised by my endocrinologist to try and save it. I'm trying to locate a skilled surgeon that can give me other options.

• Posted

Hi

You really are having a rough time. Have you mentioned this to your doc? I have a 5-6cm fibroid (waiting for op). I was prescribed diclofenic for the pain and it was the only thing that took the pain away, however I got the feeling that docs don't like to hand it out to often 🤔.

Have you had your iron levels checked recently as this could well be so low that it is making you dizzy.

I take norethisterone 5mg for 26 days then have a 5 day break and the difference is fab.

Really hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Good morning Elainey, it has been aweful. I feel like I'm barely existing at this point. I am a mother to three boys and just recently remarried, almost 3 weeks ago. My iron levels are ok, but my endocrinologist is concerned about my adrenals and I have an upcoming appointment for more blood work. I have chosen NOT to have a hysterectomy as the uterus serves many more functions than growing babies. The lifelong hormones, the fact that it assists with holding the bladder, intestines, and even vagina in place are all important to me. I found articles that mention 89% of women that go through hysterectomy have longterm perminent negative side effects. My current gyn won't do anything but a hysterectomy so I am on the search for a surgeon with more skill to offer me alternatives. Every day is becoming more and more of a struggle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.