Are my levels hyperthyroid?? Confused

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

So i went to my general PCP to get my iron, B12, and thyroid levels tested as i was having some hypo like symptoms. However my results came back a little unexpected:

Free T4 1.80 (.82-1.77 ng/dL)

T3 153 (71-180 ng/dL)

TSH .96 (.45-4.5 uIU/mL)

My iron levels were fine and my B12 shows i may have slightly larger red blood cells than normal, but my doctor said a multivitamin should take care of that. But she was stumped by my thyroid levels. Do these levels indicate possible hyperthyroidism? im confused as mt TSH are in normal range but my FT4 is high (but other websites say 1.8 is in the normal range)

Symptoms include:

extreme fatigue, extreme brain fog, always cold, pressure behind the eyes with blurred vision, symptoms similar to heart arrhythmia, and i had a spout of weight gain (which is super abnormal for me) followed by a spout of weight loss.

thank you in advance!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The normal ranges for lab test results can differ slightly with each lab. It appears that the problem you ha have is with T4 to T3 conversion.

• Posted

I have emailed you privately as we can't post links on this Board.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.