Are my mood swings im getting now a sign of improvement

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, after an unsuccessful switch to citalopram, am now on venlafaxine, 150mg for 5 weeks. The citalopram disaster and long drawn out switch to ven, made me more depressed than ive ever been. I was constantly terrified and really down, all the time. No good days at all. First 4 weeks on ven 150mg dose, seem to slightly help make me feel less hopeless and a bit calmer. No good days though. Last 2 weeks, i have experienced mood swings, feeling okay, then down, lasting 4 or 5 days for each. Are the mood swings a sign of improvement? Ive never been in as bad before as i was 6 weeks ago. The state i was in then, is that a worse state than mood swings, ie worse beyond mood swings? Never been as bad as 6 weeks ago, close to giving up, as in admitting myself to hospital. Thanks.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Actually re reading this, looks like i answered my own question, mood swings are better than contstantly depressed and terrified, and ready to give up. Just havent gone through depression as bad as this one before. Have allways started at mood swing stage, not worse than that.
  • Posted

Nigel

If you are having rapid mood swings I would suggest you talk to your GP

If you need help contact NHS Information line tel 111 they will arrange help if required

BOB

• Posted

Hello, no they arent rapid mood swings. 4 or 5 days of feeling okay, then 4 or 5 days of feeling down. Worst is definately behind me. Thanks. Think i answered my own question in my post. Just need to give it longer. Thanks for your reply.
  • Posted

Hey Nigel, if you're still reading your post my only advice is make sure you take it on time!! Venlaflaxine will make you feel worse if you take it late xx All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.