Are my symptoms due to indigestion or something else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ok. This might be long. I went on a trip to Mexico where I got a stomach virus and had diarrhea for almost five days along with a fever, chills and fatigue. I did notice coffe was somehow affecting me. I had it the day before I came down with the virus and at the hotel after my delay, it gave me mild diarrhea again. When I came back my stomach has been very sensitive, about a week and a half ago I noticed I burped a lot after meals, sometimes it'd be hard to let them out. This past Wednesday I ate Waffle House (Texas bacon cheesesteak melt: not that it matters I shouldn't have eaten it) and things have been awful since! I didn't go to bed till around 4 am from the abdominal pain/burning, burping and severe nausea (chills and shaking) but no vomit or diarrhea. I haven't been able to eat much because of the pain and nausea. Another time I didn't go to sleep till 4am bc of the same thing as before, this time I had eaten around 4 spoonfuls of gluten-free, sugar free granola w/ almond milk and blueberries. I've only been able to have some applesauce, some papaya, saltine crackers and ginger tea. Lots of ginger tea. The nausea has taken over much of the other symptoms now. Burping is still happening and burning in the abdominal is still there. WHAT IS GOING ON. I want to eat! I feel like it's only going to get worse since I'm not eating well sad please help.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

ALSO: I feel hungry but the thought of food makes me nauseous. My stomach growls a lot as well.
  • Posted

Hi.  I would suggest starting a good Probiotic to try and restore the flora in your gut.  I have read that intestinal and stomach issues take a long time to heal, and with what you've been through it will probably take a long time.  Also, try some chicken noodle soup with crackers.  This is all I've been able to eat for weeks now that and a few eggs.  I won't bore you with my whole story but the doctors believe I have a bacterial infection in my gut.  I've been sick for a month now.  They put me on Prilosec for the belching, and that helped, then the Probiotic to start healing my gut. Now they have me on a cocktail of two strong antibiotics to kill all the bad bacteria in me.  And let me tell you, these are tearing my insides up!  Nausea, gas, headache, and body aches.  I'm hoping the next seven days pass quickly.  I also hope these medicines fix my problem!  I wish you the best, I know you must be miserable.  Please keep me posted on how you're doing.......I care!

• Posted

Hi! What probiotic do you take? I've been thinking of starting them.

• Posted

Ok thank you so much! I will look into a probiotic that will help because I hate feeling nauseous after trying to eat.
  • Posted

Have you gone to the doctor about this? This is too long to be a stomach bug. Usually, a stomach virus passes like it wasn't there.

• Posted

Hello! Yes I have actually, I went on Monday to a Naturopath Dr. He's able to help but it's pretty expensive. I'm unemployed right now and paying $1,112 for the first month is impossible for me. The total bill is $6,674.

• Posted

Do you think it would be possible for you to get to a gastroenterologist? I went to a Naturopath one time, but she was also expensive. She also wasn't able to do tests such as endoscopies or anything like that... only blood tests which didn't really help much.

• Posted

Sometimes after an infection your stomach doesn't settle down and IBS is triggered.

• Posted

did you see a dr in the states.  ask him to test you for celiac disease.  to find out if your intestines are fine make them do a CT scan of the intestines and the artieries.

i had to do these a couple of times and had to go to a few drs before they knew what was wrong.  keep trying to find the answer

• Posted

Hey! Yes i went to a holistic Dr. And he's able to help but the total bill for that is pretty high. $6,674. And I'd have to pay the first month in order to undergo lab tests.

• Posted

hii..

i would suggest you that you have consult a good doctor because it will be serious to your health thats why you may go to good doctor near by you.

thank you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.