Are tail cysts painful to remove

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 14 years old boy and I just came back from the doctor. I had like a hard pimple right between my buttocks and it hurt when I sit down on a chair or something. The doctor told me that it is a tail cyst and it needs to be removed or treated with medicines. She told me that usually the removal of the cyst is the easiest and fastest way to get rid of it. And right now I am freaking out. I have never had someone cut through my skin or something like that. I have never gone through any kind of surgery. Also after the surgery I need to go to the hospital every day to get the bandages and everything changed so it doesn't get infected. I am literally freaking out just by walking into a hospital and I cant imagine going there every day for about a month. And what am I going to say to my friends everyday after school? Bye, I don't have time to hang out with you, because I need to go to the hospital? I just cant imagine this happening. My dad told me that it is important to remove it in early age, because the longer it stays the harder it is to remove. So staying with it isn't a good idea. I just need to know if the surgery is painful and is it going to go away after it? I am terrified from hospitals and doctors. I just need someone to explain to me how is everything going to go. My doctor told me that it is okay and I will be fine, but I am still so scared. I literally want to cry. Like I feel like I am the only one from my friends with this thing. How am I going to explain to them why am I going to the hospital every day? I cant tell them the truth, it is embarrassing to think about having this thing and I definitely can't tell them. I am just freaking out.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Cyst is not something terrifying like you think,and the earlier its remove the better,and after the surgery you won't be going to the hospital everyday as you think and am sure you will be fine if you are truly a fighter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.