Are the 2 linked?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi people, can anyone help me, before i really think i have gone mad? I have just got access to medical records at my hospital infertility unit, just discovered the hospital said i have narsissitic personality disorder, have any of you ever heard it and do you know if this disorder is related to being raped? This is what the hospital was driving at. What can i do about it? Only having ordinary counselling through a PTSD counsellor. Please help i'm just a touch upset by it!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam, I would talk to your therapist about it at your next session. I'm no psychiatrist but there could be a link. narcissistic personality in my mind is low self esteem high ego. It may have been triggered by trauma. I have complex PTSD & Bipolar lll. If you would like to chat I'm here for you best of luck x

• Posted

Hi trendy, i have been wracking my brains and asking people who i have known for ages and the replies i have got back are interesting they don't match that comment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.