Are the B12 supplements making me tired?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. I was told last week that my B12 levels were at 150 but I tested negative for pernicious anemia. My doctor said it was because of the gastritis that I have been suffering from for months that has caused a drop in B12.

I have been prescribed oral supplements of B12 and folic acid to take for a few months. I started taking these on Tuesday and since then I have been EXHAUSTED!! I never sleep during the day but that's all I have been doing this week. Now that my gastritis is settling I was hoping to get back into fitness but I'm just too tired! Even more tired than before the supplements!

Are these linked or is it just a coincidence? Thanks.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Fight for yourself, print articles, take the book Could It Be B12, anything.  I was forced to s ll my companies and retire.  I have constant symptoms, I have numbness, right now my teeth hurt it my dentist said all is good. 

This kills your body so fight to live a good life.  I have an amazing pain tolerance but for as long as I can, I want to enjoy myself and bring joy to others.  I have two beautiful grandson.  I don't want to be a Whitney tired grandmother.  

I am tired, in pain and I am only 58.  I am to young to feel like this. 

I employ my my doctor to listen to me and help me. I live in Dallas, Texas and I pay large amounts to keep myself upright. 

Keep a positive outlook and fight for you.  You are worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.