are there alternative therapies for nerve pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have nerve pain in both my arms and legs which seems to be more bearable if I keep active. But at night and when I relax they are at there worse. I have been prescribed meds but I am reluctant to take them as people describe feeling zombie like or become dependant. Dies anyone know of any alternatives, herbal etc to my problem I can try first? I am 31 with 2 young children dont like the idea of being on drugs for life thanks in advance Debbie

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Debbie

Have you tried Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA)? Very popular to help solve nerve problems in diabetics. It appears to be very safe and I have used it over 12 months with zero side effects. Its just an amino acid but is water and fat soluble so can cross the brain barrier. Worth researching! I would also suggest boosting your magnesium particularly if you dont eat lots of green veges or you take PPI's. I use the oil stuff and spray it on the top of my feet. Easier than swalling a pill. Again very safe. Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.