Are there any 6+ week Post Op Rectocele Repair Women Out There?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 16 days post op rectocele repair. I feel like my insides are all just sitting at the Vaginal opening and are waiting fall and not to mention the opening is the size of a tangerine.  Is this normal?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a follow up appointment with your provider? I am only 7 days post op and have an appointment at 14 days. I’m sorry I don’t have an answer for you but am feeling similar. I’ve heard healing takes quite a long time for a rectocele repair. 
  • Posted

HI, I am 2 weeks post op for anterior and posterior repair. It’s not visible when I look down anymore like it was but i can still feel it just inside. Lots of people in the forums say it takes weeks for swelling to go down but I would like to hear from more people if their swelling has gone down too.

I haven’t got a follow up until 6 weeks post op. X

• Posted

Hi Vicky

I am 10 wks tvh and anterior repair and I get a full stuck tampon feel. Our repairs take months for internal tissues to heal but I know how worrying it can be. I have booked appointment at 12 wks just to have piece of mind. No point in worrying hun go and see your consultant just to be certain. It's sure mentally draining and no-one will ever understand until they walk our our path or journey😘😘 make that appointment if your concerned hun.x

• Posted

Are you looking while standing up or laying down? When I lay down it doesn’t look quite as horrible but when I look with a mirror standing up is when I notice the problem.
    • Posted

I look when I’m on the loo, hadn’t thought of using a mirror, don’t know if I dare 😬🙇???.  When I use to go the toilet it was like an alien coming out 😷

• Posted

Oh thank you, welshgirl67, for your post. I am 6 weeks and have that same feeling plus a visible ridge in the middle of the vagina area and pressure in the lower area by the end of the day. I really am still taking it easy. I had my check up at 4 weeks and dr said everything looked great didn't need to return for a whole year unless I have a problem. The problem is, since I have not had this surgery before, I am not sure what constitutes a real problem! I am taking encouragement from your post and your check up. I hope you post after your 12 week appointment because I will be watching.

Continue to take care of yourself!

• Posted

I hope it’s just swelling that pushing everything outward. It’s so depressing to think that we have put ourselves through this surgery and in my case unpaid medical leave for 5 weeks just to have this happen. 
    • Posted

Please see your consultant hun and put your mind at rest like I am doingx
  • Posted

How were you instructed to clean yourself? I take a daily shower and use dial antibacterial soap and use the detachable shower head on the lowest setting. 
    • Posted

I use soap free sanex zero but no soap near vagina just warm water. I use toilet wipes after going to bathroom. Soap can cause infection.x
    • Posted

I wouldn't use AB soap. The evidence is that they kill the good bacteria too. This eventually weakens your own natural immunity.

• Posted

Yes - I'm 6 months post, and called my OBGYN to ask if it was normal to feel like I had a grapefruit.  She said "don't worry, it will pass, but don't strain."  Some of it is likely the sutures healing.   Btw, when I asked what "strain" meant, she described it as anything beyond blowing out birthday candles.  

• Posted

I’m 8 week’s post op and have similar symptoms.  I’ve got a bulge at the vagina opening and often at the end of the day i have a fullness feeling or feeling of pressure.  I saw my doctor at 4 weeks and he said everything was healing well, but I don’t see him again until the 12-week mark.  My vagina opening is small, though, because I got a perineum repair at the same time as I had my A&P repair.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.