Are there any Centre of Excellence for Prolapse treatment in the North of England.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Just wondered if anybody knows any Centre of Excellence for this treatment Cystocele bladder dropped.

I live in North Yorkshire.

Thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have had both a rectocele and cystocele operation two years between at Harrogate District Hospital with urogynacologist Mr Altanis who is amazing. The treatment was exceptional throughout. The only thing I would say is that recovery is a slow task and you need help at home as they send you home very quickly as they need the beds.

• Posted

Hi angela.

Thank you for the very good advice.

I will remember what you advice me to do.

Hope you are doing well.

• Posted

hi. Ive had 2 failed anterior prolapse repairs and have now been referred to manchester St Marys. It seems that more complex potentially complex cases are referred there.

lindsay

• Posted

Hello Lindsay, i have had two anterior repairs so far! The latest one 9 weeks ago! i think mine has failed as well!? Did you ever find out the reason for yours failing and what are the next steps for you now?

• Posted

Please be careful at St Mary's, they butchered me 3 times, and have had to get reconstructive surgery (which I've had to pay for of course) to fix my prolapse and my anatomy. There's also numerous doctors there that won't even tell you what you have wrong with you. I would avoid like the plague seriously

• Posted

Hi Kim,

If you don't mind me asking what surgeon did you use to fix your prolapse and was the outcome successful? Did the surgeon tell you exactly what he had done with regards to fixing it? I'm looking at possibly needing a fourth operation to try and fix my cyctocele and rectocele and im only 34. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks x

• Posted

Sorry you have had a bad time

Good look in Manchester.

Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.