Are there any holistic treatments or exercises that help relieve BPH symptoms?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I don’t find the medication’s are so effective plus they seem to be affecting me reaching and having a ejaculation. I’m only taking Alfusion and 1 mg of finasteride. I’m apprehensive of getting a treatment like a turp or pae at the moment, hoping they’ll be better technology in the near future.

Anyway I’m thinking there has to be some either solution possibly a type of exercise or either holistic treatments and diet that would work to relieve the bpH symptoms?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

@ron84437 One major exercise is the kegel, used to strengthen bladder/prostate. A means of flex and stretch group muscles between anal and scrotum. I take flomax plus myrbetriq and generally works well. Except when you drinks fluids after 1:00 - 2:00pm. The less you drink, the better no beers, no tea, etc. It is a tough change of life style, and more, but I am done with high cost meds, so looking at Holep. No man should have to endure a Turp. If resume fails, or many of procedures then you will be under the knife with Turp.

• Edited

It's true that the less you drink the less urinary problems you will sustain BUT it is unwise to drink too little that you end up dehydrating.

• Edited

I had Turp three years ago. All good now. Took me 10 months to feel normal but well worth having the operation. I am 67 years of age in June..feeling good.

Geoff

UK

• Posted

I had a TURP 3 years ago at age 70. Resumed all normal activities in 3 weeks. No problems whatsoever. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

• Posted

I started putting 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed in a smoothy in the morning. Supposedly it is supposed to help. I'll see if a month or two.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.