Are there natural alternatives to antivirals?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I really cannot take anymore of this. I am on my third lot of anti virals in ten weeks. I only got shot of the last bout a little over a week ago but this one has come back twice as bad as any of the other bouts I've had. This time I am in agony on both sides of my genital area instead of only the left side as is normal. My ex husband infected me in 2006, three months before we got married as he cheated on me, and I only got diagnosed a year ago. Since taking anti virals I have had an increase of occurrences and the frequency of them are getting closer together. The aciclovir makes me ill. I am in agony in my kidney area and have developed painful IBS that has me in so much pain it feels like I'm being disembowelled. I have constant headaches while on these and feel constantly exhausted and sick. I have my six year old son to think about. I cannot go on like this.

I've looked on the internet and there appears to be a natural cure for HSV2. Why isn't it being publicised and offered to us by our doctors? Aside from the obvious profit Glaxo makes from all this medication they dish out for us sufferers that only serve to have us suffering further and needing more medication. Why won't our doctors help us?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie,

I have just been reading the March Healthy magazine fron Holland and Barrett.  The March issue has a one page focus on liquorice that states, Viruses. Liquorice is believed to boost productuin of interferons (proteins released  released in response to pathogens such as viruses)  Department of health funded study found it is active against the herpes virus that causes cold sores.  

Liquorice also mimics oestrogen and I am on HRT at the moment so am thinking of discussing with my GP.  

It might be worth a try, if the anti viral medication is not suitable, although it has it's own side effects.  Try discussing with your GP or a Medical Herbalist.

I have found that stress is a trigger and when first finding out that you have the virus it is a very stressful time, I have slowed my lifestyle down, eat healthily and get plenty sleep, difficult at times with children I know.  I use Zovirax cream at the same time as taking the tablets which helps to eases the effects as well.

I am also intrigued by your comment that there is a cure?  Periodically I search the internet for up dates?

• Posted

Thanks Kimy. What I have found is in PDF form so has to be downloaded. Unfortunately for me I don't have a working PC. I'm on the net on my iPhone and don't have the memory available. I found it by Googling "Is there a cure for HSV2". Two popped up. It looks like you have to pay for the info, which screams scam at me straight away, but when I'm paying out money for the aciclovir every month and this info costs around £25 - £30? To cure it? No brainer really. A natural cure or keep pumping your body full of toxins just to prevent a full blown outbreak, that do more harm than good?

In the meantime I'll see what I can find on liquorice. I'm intrigued too now. Thank you again. smile

• Posted

Hi Julie,

The antiviral medication can affect the good bacteria in your stomach, which in turn lowers your immune system.  Try pre and probiotics to put the good bacteria back.

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Did anyone get back to you about at cure for HSV?

• Posted

Hello Julie,

I'm on the aciclovir medicine too but its because Im late on in pregnancy its the first time Ive taken it and at first it made me drowsy but I seem to have got over that, you do need to drink a lot of water while on the medicine as it can cause kidney problems.

Look at your lifestyle, has anything changed causing more stress or are you getting less sleep, also your eating habits can trigger outbreaks too, I found avoiding chococlate, nuts, caffeine, lots of sugar and wheats helps cut out outbreaks, alot of people rely on eating foods that are high lysine and low arginine as the lysine for some reason inhibits the virus growth, I have even found that shaving can cause outbreaks I just trim (when I can see down there anyway lol), I use a good quality tea tree oil (while not pregnant), soak cotton in it, open the sore and get the oil in the sore, make sure it stings, hold it there for a at least a minute and do this a couple of times a day, keep the area clean (just water, don't touch in case you spread it) and dry it with a hair dryer on low setting, this should make the blisters scab over and heal quicker.

As for the cure, Ive noticed the ad wanting money to cure the HSV, I have suffered a couple of years and if I was made of money I would try it but I'm not, its probably a scam, Ive also read some positive and negative results using a food grade hydrogen peroxide internally, its worked for some but not worked for others and it sounds risky, I would be very careful to try it and make sure you are well informed if you do so. 

One thing I did find helpful also which Ive not mentioned yet is organic virgin coconut oil, I used it for a couple of months while studying as its supposed to help mental power, I took a couple of tablespoons a day and noticed I didn't have many outbreaks.

The Docs dont help, like with cancer, why cure it when they can treat it, prolong it and make money all the way, help yourself first be informed, my docs actually told me to grin and bear the outbreaks rather that try and treat it, stuff that I wasn't suffering, they do have a medical degree but they are designed to only use and promote petrochemical drugs because thats where the profit is.

Mandy smile 

• Posted

Hi Mandy. 

I think you stumbled across the same ad I did. Oddly seen it popping up on FB now too. I'll have to take a good look at what it is I consume. I relate to the kidney problem. I always get pain there. 

As far as the stress goes, I know exactly what the trigger is an unfortunately I cannot avoid it. My violently abusive ex husband is dragging me through the Family Court because I fled to a refuge to get away from ongoing narcissistic abuse. He's made claims that I am mentally and emotionally unstable and that our son is is in danger. I have been fighting this for ten months and it is still going on. I've had a heart attack because of this only three weeks ago. Oddly enough I was just coming to the end of a course of antivirals at the time. There are other agencies involved who are supposed to be helping me protect my son from any further abuse but are only adding to my stress and anxiety by pandering to the wants if the father rather than protecting the welfare of my son. So yes. Stress is a major contributing factor. 

I'll certainly try the coconut oil. I much prefer the holistic approach to dealing with this instead of putting harmful toxins in my body to deal with symptoms. I'll look at my diet too. Lysine. Check. 

Thank you. 

• Posted

Hello Julie,

Sorry about your circumstances it certainly is something you can't control for the time being, I can only say take a deep breath and think positive while dealing with your ex, I always think what goes around comes around when dealing with ar*e's. I don't have much of an idea about these things but would supervised access for him with a social worker present satisfy him and give you peace of mind knowing your son is being watched/cared for, help at all?

Whatever happens I hope its the best outcome for you and your son.

Have a look at this website http://www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi?topicid=237 theres lots of pages of peoples stories/experiences and home remedies when dealing with GH, bee propolis has been mentioned and black seed oil too, I think theres a lot of natural remedies to try and its what best suits your body as we are all different, I have a combo of things in the kitchen cupboard that I have tried and will try again (being preggers I can't continue experimenting with the remedies), I hope you can find something that suits and works for you. 

All the best

Mandy smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.