Are there online pip forms??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Denise, My son ( who is my carer) wanted to know if he could complete my renewal PIP form online and he would print it off for me and I would just sign it. Regards we

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi your PIP forms if it's a renewal will be sent to you by DWP, he can fill it out for you if you aren't able and then you can sign it and send it back, is he down as acting on your behalf

How long is it before your award ends

• Posted

Hi Alexandria not sure what you call my application for PIP as I was awarded it via the Tribunal and it had an end date for this coming August but theymade an error by not contacting me on the 14 week deadline so they are extending my date til September so I think its classed as a fresh claim but my circumstances are exactly as they were when the tribunal made their decision and yes my son is logged in by them as my full time carer. Regards zebra20
    • Posted

You are correct as far as I know that your classed as having a fresh claim as you would probably have been awarded a year by the tribunal so you will need to start again by ringing them to instigate a new claim to get the same forms you had last time
    • Posted

Hi again Alexandria I was actually awarded 2 years by the tribunal to see if my condition ( cardiovascular disease, severe arthritis in multiple joint plus a total knee replacement) would or could be improved, but as of yet none of these conditions has been rectified, I received a letter from PIP only this morning tocontact them to make a fresh claim and that's as far as I'm up to. Regards zebra

• Posted

Hi,

As you've now received that letter you will need to ring PIP to start your claim off again, exactly like you did the first time. Once you've done this they will then send you the original PIP2 forms, like the first time.

You'll need to make sure you send relevant evidence to support your claim. Expect another assessment as most people have them. If a home assessment is needed you can request it on the form but you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why.

If a decision isn't made by the end date of your PIP your money will stop. If awarded successfully then it will be backdated to the date it stopped. There's no timescales to how long the process will take, it all depends on backlog in your area.

Your son is your carer yes but this is totally different to being an appointee. Unless he's your appointee then you will have to make the call, go through security and then tell them your son will speak to them on your behalf. A carer is a person that looks after you but an appointee is someone that takes total control of all your DWP correspondence regarding anything to do with DWP and a benefits claim. All letters would be addressed to the appointee and not the claimant. Usually a person becomes an appointee for someone if they don't have the capacity to take care of their own claim.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi,

Unfortunately they aren't available online. As Alexandria has said DWP will send you those forms 1 year before your award is due to end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.