Are there scents or smells I should avoid?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I finally received Atrovent and a nebulizer yesterday and I may be crazy or just overly excited but I think I can tell a big difference already. Pharmacist said it was fast acting. Anyways, was going to clean house and light candles like normal and didn't know if there are certain smells I should avoid. Other than the obvious, smoke, fumes, ect. More like fragrances.

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I find that it is only certain scents that affect me.  I am presently 54 and going thru tests for a transplant. It is hard and I am scared but since I had to quit my job and go on disability 2.5 years ago, It has beeen increasing progresssing. Stress is the worst and exerising is the best.   Rehab is awesome to have under your wing. 

I hopeI am not boring folks with my verbal babbling.

• Posted

Hi Shannon and Welcome,   your first post!  

I wonder why you would think you may be boring folk?

I am sure people would not think that of anyone who posts for the first time in a support forum.  I hope you will feel more comfortable and offer valuable contributions in your future posts.

Good luck with all your tests for transplant.

Best wish V

• Posted

Hi Shannon and Welcome!  Yes, please do keep us in contact regarding your treatments.  You are the first on this forum that I am aware is waiting for a transplant.  Let us know how that goes.  And no..........you are not boring.....there are a lot of helpful, compassionate people on this forum!  God Bless!

• Posted

Hi Shannon:

You definitely are not boring.  Keep us posted please.  I agree that stress is the worst, my breathing has been very labored lately due, in a large

part, to stress.  Good luck. 

• Posted

Unless you use natural beeswax candles you are putting more crap into the air. Paraffin wax candles are a petroleum by-product that is created from the sludge waste when crude oil is refined into gasoline. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.