Are these anxiety symptoms or something more?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there. I've been dealing with a ton of symptoms, all of which I've been blaming on my anxiety, stress, and panic attacks. I haven't been diagnosed, but I'm also sure I have somatic symptom disorder. I'm constantly worrying over the smallest things, and deciding that it's probably some serious disease. I'm 14, and terrified there might be something horribly wrong with me.

The run down of my symptoms are my lack of concentration, tiredness and weakness, feeling cold all the time, loss of appetite, face weakness (more like jaw/lip weakness), stomach aches, and trouble speaking. What I mean by that is sometimes I just can't speak. Or I mix my words up more than usual, or feel like i'm not saying the right thing. Sometimes I feel 'floaty', or like my body or limbs aren't actually there, or they aren't mine.

I'm worried that I may have dementia, or some kind of brain tumour. Maybe leukemia. Or I may even be having TIA's. I've been to the hospital four times in the past month, and nothing wrong has been found.

Does anybody else experience these symptoms? If not, should I be worried that this is something serious?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It's anxiety bro..it's called depersonalization..YouTube it..I'm going thru it as we speak your not alone
    • Posted

I'm watching my bf play video games and I feel tripped out like I'm not really here try to distract yourself if u can ❣
    • Posted

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It sucks that you have to deal with too, though. Hopefully one day it'll be over
    • Posted

you're not trust me i just sit here acting like everything is ok but feel off like my damn brain is shutting off but I know it's just stupid anxiety
  • Posted

Hello. I am not a doctor nor a counselor.  My personal opinion from what I read and have experienced myself.  I do recommend you bring these issues up with your doctor or a counselor.  More on counselor, if you have seen doctors and there is nothing physiologically wrong.  Anxiety is a mental disorder, and you need to seek mental health, counseling. I wish you the best!
  • Posted

I suffer from generalized anxiety and panic disorder. During an attack I do get nauseous and have some confusion. A lot of mine is feeling dizzy and more of a brain fog. There are a lot of symptoms that contribute to anxiety. I know that facial and limb tingling/numbness is one symptoms, and I have experienced that as well. To out your mind at ease, you could always go to your family dr and have them run blood tests to eliminate any other underlying health conditions. I just went yesterday to have all of this done. Now I'm playing the airing game to get results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.