Are these conditions that I'm having normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am a 22 years old girl

I have some symptoms that are showing up lately.

First, I think I have postural hypotension because everytime I am in a sitted position and get up, I feel dizzy and light headed. It's been going for years now. Also, when I went to donate blood, they said I couldn't because I didn't have enough hemoglobin. They also said that if I donated blood, I'd get Anemia.

Another weird symptom that I have is that sometimes, my heart beats in a weird way. This happens in a second, in a single or two beats, but I feel like it is beating harder that normal at that moment (as if someone punched my heart-but doesn't hurt). So when it happens, I have to take a deep breath and sometimes I felt as if my heart would stop. This too has been going on for years. It doesn't happen on a daily basis.

By the way, my resting heart beat is usually 57-61 bpm.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you sound like you could be aneamic which could account for your symptoms, you should be seeing your doctor asap to get some iron supplements or maybe even vitamin B12 injections if its really bad.

The same goes for your heart flutters/palpitations they can be associated with aneamia they can also be linked to anxiety.

Whatever they are you need to see your GP you will feel much better after its sorted.

Keep us informed as to how your getting on

• Posted

Go get checked out. Low hemoglobin can have several causes and one of it's symptoms is heart palpitations. The dizziness could be low blood pressure. It all could be normal for you but absolutely worth getting checked out. There could be an underlying problem which is simple to fix, or possibly something more serious. Don't take chances - you're only 22! Checking it out now could lead to many good healthy years ahead!

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.