Are These Gallbladder Symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm having my operation soon to remove my  gallbladder but I 

don't know if that is what's causing my symptoms.  I have burning type 

pain in my ribs back and front on my right side with pain in my upper 

chest, right in the middle.   My worse pain is cramps in my lower stomach with frequent bowel movements  and  sickness or nausea.

Is that caused by the gallbladder  ?     Anyone else have /had these

symptoms?     Do the cramps go after the gallbladder is out or does it get worse ?    I just couldn't cope with worsening  cramps.

Thanks.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda I am also getting my gallbladder out in 3 weeks. My symptoms are similar to yours. My pain on the right is pretty constant with periods of intense pain especially after eating or drinking anything. My pain fluctuates on the entire right abdominal side, rib pain, mid abdominal pain, chest pain, back pain and nausea. I’m hoping the pain goes away after recovery but if you read the information on these forums you might get more nervous, as you don’t always hear about success stories. But from my research complications are low percentages.

good luck and take care

• Posted

Hi mnisbett

Do you get lower abdominal cramping  ?   This is one symptom 

I would like to see the back off !!

Good luck with your surgery,  keep in touch and let me know how 

you get on.

• Posted

Yes I also get the lower abdominal cramps, they are the worst! These usually go away for me after a few days of antibiotics, I also use hyoscyamine to stop the cramps. 

Thank you I will

• Posted

My doctor won't give me antibiotics. I will ask for some Hyoscyamine.

Thanks for the info. 

• Posted

I have a gallstone and have all those symptoms, lower abdominal cramping was bothering me a lot for awhile, I don’t know if was exactly what helped but I started taking a probiotic everyday and the cramps have gone away, hope you feel better soon 
    • Posted

Hi

I do take a probiotic ,  it's  not  helping at the moment.  

Glad your cramps have gone ,  they're  awful. 

• Posted

Hi Linda, that is normal . I had my gallbladder removed on Feb 7 th of this year. I had gallstones for years and we didn't know til two years ago. The pains and the bloating and the poops is the symptoms and the gas pains too. I went through it bad. Dr told me to stay away from the greasey fatty foods and the spicy foods and the fatty milk, so I drank skim milk. What helped me when I got that way is a cup of tea with a bit of milk and sugar or a glass of cold water. Having my gallbladder out was the best thing. The pains have subsided but I do still get the gas and the poops. But it's better then the pain I suffered. Good luck and take care

• Posted

Hi Iris

The gas and  the  poops are my worst symptoms  , so if it doesn't 

help that I don't think it's worth me going through the pain of surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.