Are these haemorrhoids? ***graffic pics***

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone,

I'll give you a bit of history. I've suffered with ibs and constipation for as long as i can remember. i first experienced rectal bleeding at about 24 and had a sigmoidoscopy which was all clear and bleeding was put down to haemorrhoids. During my pregnancy of my second child 6 years ago i really started struggling constipation and going to the toilet and the bleeding started again to the point I became anaemic. After his birth I had banding done for grade 2 internal haemorrhoids. things were good for a while but the last couple of years have been hard for my family after my daughter was diagnosed with leukemia so lots of hospital stays meant a very bad diet and caffeinated drinks so the constipation has been bad again. On Monday this week i really struggled going to the toilet and there was blood on the tissue and in the toilet. i could feel a lump so looked and was so shocked by what i saw! despite having had haemorrhoids before i never actually saw them so I've idea what they look like. first picture shows what its like bearing down, the second photo is after a few minutes. There has been no pain but a mild itching and burning sensation. I have started using anusol and a stool softner. I have phone consult with a GP tomorrow. There has been no more bleeding with bowel movements this week at all since getting on top of the constipation.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Lucy, the second pic looks like external piles but the first looks like either anal prolapse or prolapsed piles, you definitely need them seen by dr. I hope the creams work for you, I had HALOperation 10 weeks ago, almost better now but it also caused retention in my bladder so for 8 weeks I had a catheter fitted. I wouldnt recommend the op if the creams work. good luck at the drs, hope he can sort it for you x

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply. I had a telephone consult with my gp on friday and he has prescribed suppositories and stool softeners for now and will call to review in 2 weeks. There has been no more bleeding which is a relief and the size of the haemorrhoids seems to be decreasing but its that little red bit in the middle thats concerning me. Is it that part that you think could possibly be an anal prolapse?

• Posted

High Fibre.. Plenty of water.. Sitz bath.. Ointment.. Pain killers.. And use ice packs and heat packs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.