Are these herpes, I have included a pic.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had these on my lips for 10 to 12 weeks. No sores, just dots. I did test positive for HSV1 recently and would just like some input into what these are.

In the morning there is a white film over my lips especially in the corners, I have seen a GUM and GP and they seem to think there is nothing to worry about.

I know i have posted a few times now, i am just beside myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

herpes dont stay on your lips for 10 weeks 2 at the most id say

• Posted

So they look nothing like herpes? I'm really sorry for the bombardment of posts, I'm just so worried. It's causing me so much stress.

• Posted

normal! if youre using something on your lips stop the use.

if you are not using anything maybe you should because youre lips are trying to produce oil because theyre drying out . try a chap stick . but THIS IS NORMAL definitely bot herpes or anything like that dont pick at them

• Posted

Its really getting me down, I'm afraid to go near anyone, all I think of is Herpes. I will try and use some chap stick but was afraid of spreading it. There is nothing on my lower lip, but the skin does look really cracked and dry.

I really hope its the Fordyce spots. Thanks.

• Posted

even if it was herpes its not a big deal iv had it for years it dosnt effect my life in anyway

• Posted

u cant spread it because u dont have herpes

• Posted

I just don't understand why they are sticking around for so long.

• Posted

mine have been there for ages ...herpes dosnt stick around for a long period of time mainly about 2 weeks

• Posted

Is that what yours look like? Have you got any inside your mouth too? I have some there also, little dots, not at all sore though.

• Posted

i have the same oil spots i only have them on one side of my top lip...u can get them inside the mouth i suggest u google them so u can see they are harmless

• Posted

Just a brain picker, could they lie in a dormant state like this and then breakout? I don't know, I'm paranoid and maybe need to stop it somehow. It will eat me up otherwise.

• Posted

I'm guessing they would have had outbreaks by now?

Possible exposure was early May.

But like you said its likely not Herpes in the picture.

Really appreciate the advice and I do apologize for the desperation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.