Are these HIV symptoms or just chickenpox?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. My suspected exposure was 11 weeks ago. That sex was just so fast because the woman was top on me and I stopped after 4 thrusts because I felt guilt. Lets just say its like 5 to 10 seconds sex. In my 9th week after that exposure, I experienced headache, fever, muscle/joint aches and blisters and red small bumps on my back, chest, face, scalp, legs. I consulted to a doctor and he said its a chickenpox. After 4 days of my consultation, i still feels anxious so I decided to get an HIV test. After 30 minutes I got the result and it is negative. After 2 weeks with my chickenpox, the blisters turned to scabs and feeling better. I know I should get tested again after 90 days from the exposure.

Did I get chicken pox or HIV symptoms?

image attached is a picture of my back after 1 week!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HiV IS difficult to catch. Belive on doctor.

• Posted

it is? and if you do catch is it a must to show symptoms within the 2-6 weeks range? or are the symptoms unavoidable because the immune system senses something is wrong

• Posted

not must. may be. i have heard one case were patient got ti know that he is hiv positive for 20-30 year at age of 70 in final stage.

so symptoms may be there and may bot be. but there is also not set of symptoms which defines that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.