Are these hpv warts?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I dont feel any pain or itching. does anyone know what this is? hpv warts?imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Dear Alex,

The pictures aren't very clear but I suspect you may have molluscum contagiosum, a viral STD. Examine this photo taken from the Dermnet NZ site and compare it with your spots. Do they have a small dimple/umbilication in the centre? If they do, then you know you have molluscum.

I suggest you try to see your doctor to confirm the diagnosis and get tested for other STDs. They should also be able to prescribe some medication. If seeing your doctor is difficult at this time, then go to your local pharmacist/drugstore and ask for molluscum treatment (10% potassium hydroxide).

Rgds,

Adhari

• Posted

imageit kinda does but it's hard to tell. i had gotten tested and everything came out negative. would molluscum have appeared on a test? image

• Edited

Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting the closeups. I'm confident these are molluscums. They certainly don't resemble genital warts or herpes. And it's not folliculitis (hair bumps) either, as the lesions shown in your photos aren't located inside hair follicles. This is most clearly demonstrated in your final photo.

Unfortunately there is no standard STD test for molluscum; it's a visual diagnosis based on their typical appearance.

Final piece of advice- stop shaving the pubic hair; you risk spreading the infection. Use scissors instead (cleaned before and after use) until the infection has cleared.

Adhari.

• Posted

Adhari, yeah i think thats what happened because there was a lot less 😦. thanks for the response. truly appreciate it!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.