Are these IBS-C symptons?

Posted , 6 users are following.

For 3 years now I have had the following symptons that have only gotten worse over time;

Terrible stomach cramping from morning to night without a break and worse straight after eating a meal

Bloating which grows during the day 

X-Ray showed sever constipation recently but had pain before this so isn't the reason for the pain

I have a BM twice or three times a week

Had every check possible with the NHS to no avail and I am at the end of my tether, someone please offer some advice what to do

No codine or pain killer works

Buscopan doesn't work for the camping as it is so severe

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Pippa, John,  I have tried the FODMAP, and just about every pain killer on the market, none of these worked, although that mesalazine is a new one on me, my pain starts and stops and can be anywhere from my chest down, sometimes I will wake up and its there, other times it comes on during the day, its painful to pass wind and I get lots of that, I can hear my stomach grinding and churning all day, the pain is so debilitating makes me suicidal, at least if I were dead I would not be in pain! I have sat in front of more doctors than I have had hot dinners and I still suffer! I skip meals because eating can start my churning off, I used to be 13 stone and 6ft, I am now 10 stone 10, all doctors want to do is ram bloody inspection tubes up my backside and I had such a bad time with the last colonoscopy I vowed never to have that again, if anyone knows of a pain killer or something I have not tried please help! 
    • Posted

Mesalazine is used to treat IBD such as Crohns.  You could ask your doctor about this or about gut targeted hynotherapy.  An alternative to a colonoscopy is a CT colonoscopy or virtual colonoscopy which is not as invasive.
    • Posted

The Colonoscopy I had was a CT but the gas they pump u up with really hurt and its that I blame on my current pains, as the pain i have now is exactly the same pain I had when they were doing it, this is all som strange!!
    • Posted

Perhaps you should tell your doctor that you suspect you had a side effect from the colonoscopy that has not cleared up.  Any procedure I get done leads to permanent side effects with me too.
  • Posted

Also wondering if a massage therapist would be able to help?
    • Posted

I would ask your doctor about this.  I had massage therapy called deep tissue massage to remedy very bad side effects from chiropractory.  I had a very bad reaction to this type of massage on top of the joint manipulation.  I took nine months to recover from it and in the end I developed IBS.  For me, pain medication is better.
  • Posted

Still no relief to pain

Nutritionist said I have gardida problems, could this be the explanation of all of this

A yeast infection in gut which bloats everything causing pain etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.