Are these ovarian cyst symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So ive had this on going since August! Ive basically bled non stop (apart from a few weeks of no bleeding) since then! I ended up in a&e in September due to losing that much blood i became anaemic. They did an internal and external ultrasound and they have found some small cysts on my right ovary. 4 months later im in the worst state so far! They are trying to test me for PCOS. I have had loads more symptoms over the last week and i should probably go back to the hospital but ive been that many times i feel stupid.

My symptoms over the past 3 days are:

Constant bleeding (like a tap)

Stabbing pains in both ovary areas

Cramps in lower pelvic area

Leg ache

Dull pains in pelvic area

Weird stabbing pain when sitting down (feels like its in my bum and vagina)

Pressure is my vaginal area

Bloated stomach

Pain after urinating (stabbing pains)

Stabbing pain after empyting bowels

Night sweats (and in the day for that matter)

Loss of apetite

My anxiety is through the roof because im constantly googling everything and im so scared the doctors have overlooked something and this is much worse than they're making it out to be! Are your symptoms similiar to these? Do these sound like cyst symptoms? Please someone help me ease my minds. Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also wondered if maybe these symptoms are from a ruptured (burst) cyst?

• Posted

I would seek some help from the hospital that dosnt sound great at all I feel concerned for you. From my experience I had a 21cm cyst but I never really had pain or any symptoms everything was normal I had open surgery back in June to get the cyst and my ovary out I didn't realise I had a cyst untill I was unwell oneday think that saved my life I wish u all the best don't be fobed off there's a reason why your in pain and having these symptoms follow your instinct xxx

• Posted

dear powerfulmi,

so sorry to learn abt the agony ur going thru, but trust me ur not alone in this boat. I'm also experiencing 99% same symptoms which u mentioned. My problem started bk in 3rd week of Nov. I got late by 2 weeks (and I'm never ever late) then after 17Th Nov till 8th dec it was never ending thing. V v v heavy bleeding with huge clots, crushing back pain (so much so I can't manage to stand more then 10 min) leg pain, bloating, severe reflux to mention few symptoms, my HB dropped from healthy 12.5 to 10 within 3 weeks and I also had to be rushed to a&e. there in an ultrasound radiologist found small, simple cyst on left ovary.

the on duty gynaecologist put me on norethisterone hormonal pill and told me to take it for 21 days and then stop taking for 7 days and get an another detailed usg. I had 3 ultrasounds sound in 6 hrs, including an internal one. surprisingly in second round of ultrasounds there is no mention of cyst at all. but my symptoms like leg and back pain, bloating, reflux etc never went away till date. although norethisterone pill did stop the bleeding. I stopped taking it after 3 weeks like doc suggested and again experiencing a bit heavy flow and clots 😭. Now I have decided to go for homeopathic treatment instead of continue taking the hormone pill as they do more harm then benefit.

• Posted

Oh no 😦 i was put on the contraceptive pill and it definitley did more harm than good! I had terrible side effects to it! Whats your age if yoh dont mind me asking? Have your pains been on the side of your cyst or have they been all over the lower pelvic area? Its so scary! Im constantly thinking its something life threatening

• Posted

I'm 38 years old, what abt u? and my pain is all around the pelvic area, specially upper thigh area, lower back pain. I used heating pad for a while to ease off the pain as normal pain killers like panadol was totally ineffective.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.