Are these seizures?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have these attacks where my left side suddenly curls inward and my neck and face muscles start twitching. I do not lose consciousness and can hear, but can't process words or actions very well as this is going on. It has been getting a lot more frequent lately as it is now induced my moving my leg, (running or shaking it). This lasts for about 10-15 seconds. I used to be fine after, but now I feel lasting weakness afterwards. I had an EEG performed which came back negative for epilepsy.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My partner has epilepsy from a brain injury he had at seventeen ,last year he had a seizure and in hospital but isn't fully aware I don't know whether he can make further recovery or not

• Posted

So strange will they send u to nerology?  Don’t think they are seizures not a doctor but they will find out hope they send you there.
    • Posted

Yeah I told my neurologist about it and she thinks they are focal seizures. I had an appointment with my GP today and he agrees, but no one has given me a confirmed diagnosis. They're becoming more severe and happening more frequently. They're very debilitating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.