Are these serious heart problems?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was getting a check up and the doctor told me I have a heart murmur and also a heart Arrhthmia, should I be worried? I can't get an echo for a month and I think il drop dead before. As I have never really had a fast heart rate as my usual concern is cancer of some form since the doctor told me this I have been a wreck, can't work and I feel my heart racing every night in bed although I feel calm, it's always in the back of my mind tho.. Could this be from anxiety or from my heart actually malfunctioning? Thank you guys!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I will copy and paste this because i do not want to word anything wrong and this is imoortant and i feel so sorry you have to wait a month for testing. But i dont think you need to really get too nervous. The month will go fast and you can always go back if you feel concerned.

So when you have an irregular heartbeat, known as arrhythmia, it can cause significant fear and anxiety. What makes this more complicated, however, is that anxiety can actually cause arrhythmia. The two have a complex relationship that may lead to significant stress and health worries.

so your answer is yes. Im guessing before the anxiety you didnt have any if this. 

The whole worrying about cancer or disease , the whole ocd thing worked you up. Too much anxiety. These doctors seriously need to understand this anxiety disorder stuff is very intense and not mere anxiety they think it is. You now must learn to belly breathe and look into meditaion. You have to learn to self calm yourself. Your body cant handle all the anxiety.

the doctor would have never sent you home if he thought you were in any danger. They dont always do a thing for a murmur and they need the echo to see whats going on. Most likely it will be all fine and then they will tell you to get your anxiety managed.

• Posted

Thank you so very much, usually my anxiety dosnt interfer so much when I think I have a cancer i really thing logical and realize I don't haha but with the heart and the actual palpitations.. I've never dealt with a pshyical anxiety symptom before

• Posted

They also gave me 10mg of propanol that I took once and it worked wonders with my heart but I still couldn't stop the worry.. The only time I feel great is when I'm hiking

I think il try and do that more and try meditation

• Posted

Propanol will control the symptoms not the anxiety thoughts. It slows the heart. Another thing you can do all on your is. You feel palps or racing heart. Grab a washcloth and run it under very cold water and ring it out. Then Go by a wall and  lay down and out your feet straight up on the wall. Butt on floor. Place the washcloth over your face. While you are laying there with your legs up on the wall  belly breathe. Inhale belly expands and exhale belly flattens. Slowly do that. Not very slowly but in a calm manner. To make it perfect if you have a little fan have it blow on your face. Scientifically what i just told you slows the heart racing and palps. You can hang out like that untill you feel all better. Then slowly bring your feet down. Do another three more belly breathes and then go a out your day. Thats is a very real trick that works well. 

Hiking is a wonderful thing. Very calming and a great idea. And wonderful you want to try mediatation. They have beginner ones on utube and Pinterest to teach it to you. Feel good and stay strong. 

• Posted

Thank you so much! I just got home and laid down and the heart was racing so I did some deep breathing and it actually worked :D

But now every 10 mins or so I feel a flutter feeling in my heart that last less then a second. Darn it! I thought I found an instant cure haha.. I need help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.