Are these side effects of sertraline?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I started sertraline 3 weeks ago first at 25mg for 2 weeks now 50mg. Although I started to feel a little bit better anxiety wise by week 2. I still feel really weird. Feel drunk and dizzy, can't sleep, feel irritated and moody. Are these side effects? I wake up with anxiety every morning and don't feel like myself. I have been on these before 8 years ago and did ok. Prior to starting these again I was on escitalopram for 6 months which pooped out. I'm worried nothing is ever going to work. I have anxiety and ocd.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Maybe read the pamphlet that came with your prescription to see what it says about side affects, or talk to your Dr. or pharmacist for advice.  Hope you feel better soon.

I've never taken sertraline and even if I had people react differently to drugs, ie. don't all experience the say side affects, benefits, etc.  Good luck. 

• Posted

Donna, have you tried googling the Mental Health Daily site, together with sertraline? I can't post a link as it's not allowed on here. They have excellent pages on most psychotropic drugs, as well as user forums. You're more likely to find first-hand experience from other users on a site like that, and perhaps tips on how to manage the side-effects.

Don't give up yet or start to panic. It can take quite a few weeks to settle down on a new medication.

• Posted

Thank you lily I will give that a try, I can't ever remember having side effects before when I used them for 8 years. Maybe second time around is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.