Are these symptoms of gallstones?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been frequenting the threads here for some time and reading up on gallbladder issues and what not. 

I've been having some trouble recently with extreme heartburn, nausea, indigestion and bloating. I was given Omerprazole for a week but was still having symptoms. I get pain in the center of my chest and my back as well, sometimes before I'm even done eating. I've been cutting out fatty foods and only drink water. I've also tried to switch over to wheat bread instead of white, but haven't found the diet to be super beneficial. 

The gastro is sending me for an ultrasound and an endoscopy early next week, but I don't know what exactly he is hoping to find. He seems caring, but was kind of adamant that someone my age (I'm only in my early twenties) shouldn't be having these kinds of problems. 

Since the onset of the heartburn, I've also had a change in bowel movements. Sorry if this is too much information! Everything has been a lot softer and I've had a lot of urgency, usually immediately after eating. Today I've had what I consider diarrhea, with lower abdominal pain around my bladder and multiple trips to the bathroom. I think eating triggered it, although the only thing I had this morning was a banana and my Omerprazole. sad

Has anyone had these symptoms from gallstones or gallbladder sludge? The diarrhea in particular has me worried because I'm a school teacher and don't really have the opportunity to use the restroom when I'd like to at work. I'm having the tests next week, but I return to work the following Monday. I'm really hoping they find gallstones and can get a definitive diagnosis, but I'm scared they won't. I'm petrified of being saddled with chronic diarrhea while teaching. I don't think I can handle it!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope my story is useful.

1. I did ultrasound in 2009, no stones. But still had reflux and bloating stomach

2. Did again in 2011, no stones. but still had reflux ,bloating stomach and some amount of pain on right side

3.Did hida scan in 2011, found gb working 0%. This time dizziness also started. Doctors advised to remove gb, but want to control with diet.

4.reduced eating fat/protein/oily food from there on, things were under control.

5.in 2017,Had multiple rounds of restaurant buffet for 3 months , ended up in diarrhea  for 6 months. Did colonoscopy and endoscopy , same reflux. But did ultrasound , found stones. this time ringing in ears also started.

6.In addition to acid reflux,bloating and burping. I have developed dizziness and ringing in ears now and i'm on verge to remove the gallbladder. The dizziness and ringing in ears are horrible to live with.

did any one develop dizziness and ringing in ears with gallbladder issues?

• Posted

I am glad I read this as I thought the ringing in the ears was from tinnitus, which I suffer from mildly, but it seems to get really aggressive when I have a GB bout.  Dizziness suffer from daily, doctor put me on a BP tablet as this was high but I put it all down to my GB.  The tablet didn't sort out the ringing or dizziness and I do get daily pains in chest and back.  Cant wait to get this out to tell them I told you so.

• Posted

i do see the dizziness,ringing in ears, fatigue is extreme when there is severe digestion issue. One thing i want to tell you is i was diagnosed with both gastritis and gallbladder issues, not sure which is causing what . So only removing gb will tell answers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.