Are these symptoms of my mum's menopause?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

?So my Mum has been going through menopause for a while i suppose now, and this past few months seem to be her hardest with the most typical symptoms, such as really bad hot flusehes, sleep disturbances and moods and such.

?Over the weekend though, she wasn't feeling great. she was really tired, said her legs felt like jelly, and she just felt lethargic, she also felt like she was getting a bit of cold/headache. She was also having like a weird occasional feeling in both her arms, she said it didn't feel so much like pain but sort of a weird feeling.

?of course, she was concerned it was heart-related so went to the doctors yesterday, although she was feeling a lot better generally. Apparently the doctor was very thorough and tested her blood pressure and said it was fine and she didn't now what else it could be. She is testing her cholesterol next week too.

?It put my mind at rest a little, but i'm starting to really worry because reading up on women's symptoms on heart probelms is really scary and  it mentions things like pains in both arms which can appear early on before having an attack.

?Although she wasnt feeling good at the weekend, bear in mind I've also come down with a cold and haven't had any energy at the weekend, just not as bad as my mum, so it could be something we both picked up. And in terms of her menopause a lot of this seems to link to it and be symptoms of potential menopause, especially since the doctor said she was fine. However, I'm just curious about the feeling in her arms she gets. she said she thinks it started after we played tennis and golf on holiday about three weeks ago, becuase we don't usually play sports, that may have caused it.

?Basically wondering if any of you lovely ladies would say that you've experienced this? Have menoupause ever made your arms hurt or anything? thanks for reading, despite the fact shes practically feeling all better now, i'm still a nervous wreck

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya

I am going thru the menopause and I get pains in my arm, chest, I have been to the A&e a few times as everything seems to point to heart problems, after tests and health checks, the doctor couldn't see anything wrong with me. I also get panick attacks in my sleep. I wake up sweating and feel as if my heart is stopping. 

I do get chest congestions and cold like symptoms, bad headaches, pain in my skull as if I've bumped my head into something.  It's a relief that my symptoms  are not there all the time. This weekend it was dry mouth, sinus congestions, pain in my throat, this morning it was sore arms and shoulders which have disappeared a few hours ago. 

So I can understand that you are very concern about your mum, don't worry too much as most ladies I speak to about menopause aches and pains  have the same kind of symptoms as I have. 

Im im sure she will be ok, I also take evening primrose oil tablets everyday and it's helping me with my symptoms.

kadija

• Posted

Hello,

?thank you so much for your reply it puts my mind at rest. I only worry because i saw somewhere that women can experience symptoms for months before they actually have a heart atack . But I suppose i shoudln't look up symptoms on the internet  - i'm a hypochondriac myself as well as my mum, and I look up symptoms all the time and probably thought i've had every disease under the sun. She's feeling a lot better anyway, and if she keeps getting any pains i will just recommend she go back to the doctor or if is menopause we'll see if she can get something to help smile

?Thank you again 

• Posted

Yes. I feel my arms and went to the doctor. Checked blood, x-ray and will check my ?so far everything is good. At the moment on the right site of my neck and shoulder just very uncomfortable, mussel pain. It's worth now but im fine at night even no bra . It's been for good 2 weeks. Maybe nothing to do with peri but I think it is. Good luck. It's always better to get checked anyway.

• Posted

Yes i understand what she is going through ive been through so much froma-z there are 66 menopause symptoms and i think ive experienced all of them including anxiety and panic attacks thank god they have subsided but what i am going through now is the aches and pains in my shoulders arms wrist its a everyday thing now and at times i feel like my arms are going to fall off weird feeling but it goes away but not the aches and pains in my shoulders lord prayibg for the day it does go away sometimes i cant even lift my arm over my head ir even un snap my bra my husband helps me with it so i honestly believe its menopause but getting her checked out was great it does ease your mind i have even went to the emergency room because my left arm started feling warm it was weird but doc says it was bursitis that did ease my mind a bit well hope she feels better and keep in mind this site is always comforting the ladies are so heart felt and awesome at sharing their experiences

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.