Are these symptoms of vertigo?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel like a tilting/rocking sensation but only when i am sitting down doing nothing. I dont see anything spinning or moving around. I just have a inside feeling that i am moving. This feeling goes away when i am driving and doing activities like exercising. I am not falling over or losing balance. I still have a very big appetite but cant really enjoy the food because of this feeling. i cant really sit back and relax because of this. Also i have no pain no headaches no other symptoms. I have recently got off a cold though, that is the only thing that was different. So are these symptoms of vertigo?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Total opposite of me. I am okay when seated and supported. You need a diagnosis as  I have no idea. Sounds like motion sickness on a boat or something but you are not on a boat. Very puzzling! Ask the experts!

• Posted

Yes they are. I have had the same for  over 4 years! I am fine while I am moving around, although not in bending forward things, but walking around, say shops,marking my dog etc I am,okay. It is when I stop but can feel,it when upright also, especially towards  the end of the afternoon onwards when I am more tired.  appetite is the same for me, I,ve just had longer to 'adjust' than you.  sometimes it can be brought on by a virus and you really should see a gp as I feel th e sooner it  is dealt with the better.  mine wasn,t and feel,the reason why I am still suffering with it.  a good site to look at is VEDA, they have a Facebook,page too where you can post and read other people,s experiences.
  • Posted

Rich I'm same as you,okay driving no problem ,my husband says that's due to concentrating he believes  think that's the only thing I can put it down to as well .

Feels like I'm on a boat ,no sea legs .Worse when walking .

I'm the same time as Gill with it ,me it will be 4 yrs daily come summer .Lots of us have really bad neck ache going along with this .

Wish I could say when this will end,but I cant .ENT can't seem to solve it ,many will also tell you that. It's one appointment after another and no further on .

I think we all or most have gotten a neck virus at some time.i e had neck ache now 9plus years  but I went to an osteopath for my sinuses  then this began  think maybe that was the the onset to it. Getting my neck moved having sinuses looked at .

Gill and myself both have tinnitus ,have you got that ? 

• Posted

i get a ringing noise in my ear but i only hear that when its dead silence. i dont know if thats tinnitus. i already went to my doctor and he said nothing is wrong, i got blood work and urine tested and they came back normal. he looked at my throat nose and ears and didnt say anything. He gave me paxil but i am kind of scared to take cuz of all the side effects it has. But if nothing else works im going to try it.
    • Posted

Everyone has some kind of tinnitus ,illness ,menopause ,pregnancy,and Benzos ,or even. Aspirin and cough mixture will bring tinnitus full on ,outside of loud music ( common cause ) ,people have woken up from an operation with tinnitus  comes from op drugs they've used .

Tinnitus is noticeable in silence to many ,mine is really loud  became worse after an illness 9 years ago ,so if you've got that going on  even if slight ,be wary of Benzo meds  and all what I said above ,wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy .Never leaves ,and worst no cure .Watch to if they ever mention an ear syringe  forgot some end up with tinnitus ,after having had that done .Wear ear plugs if in to loud an environment .Protect those ears at all times ,don't realise what an important part in your life they play .

• Posted

Hi Rich, when I said I had vertigo I was asked if the room was spinning, or if I just felt dizzy.  I basically just feel dizzy but I have had the room spinning a few years ago.  Ive got silent migraine, but then Im better kept busy and am worse when lying down doing nothing.  Got bad sinuses and neck.  Im sure its all connected.  Look up SCM see what that says.  You need to see a GP and get a scan to rule anything out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.