Are these symptoms typical of IBS and GERD

Posted , 10 users are following.

So i've had Acid reflux for 7 months, stomach problems for 5 

the issues are daily and my symptoms consist of

- Constant, excessive burping

- Soft, Sticky, Messy stools often 

- A burning type of discomfort in the abdomen which is often relived by the passing of the soft, sticky, messy stool

- Heartburn

- Acid reflux (a burning sour taste in my throat)

- Occasional upper abdomen pain

- recurring bouts of diarrhea

I've had 2 stool samples a blood test and a colonoscopy, all coming back clear.

I was placed on PPI's which have helped with the sour burning taste from the acid reflux and it has eliminated the hearburn 

The diarrhea is less often because i've changed up diet and eliminated foods that made it worse 

However im still suffering with the constant excessive burping which is only helped by laying down. While the diarrhea is less common now i still get the weird burning sensation in my stomach that usually dissapears when i pass stool, and those stools are 95% of the time soft, messy and sticky

Are these common for IBS and GERD? my biggest concern is the fact that the burping is still persistant even after using PPI medication

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yes you have ibs' and gerd' never lay flat prop your head up' excercise walking etc helps.

you may get white tounge as well' post nasal drip' even blocked ear sometimes reflux causes all the above' and coughing choking vomiting at times bile.

diet cuts it down' no spicey ' cut the beer down no smoking' grill or boil never fry food.

we all go off track have drink' when the symptoms come then tou know why' never worry or stress this makes it ten times worst

• Posted

i agree with everyone else but proton pump inhibitors made my stomach awful and weakened my immunity, try gaviscon but advance and at maximum dose, good luck. just one question: you aren't under constant stress by any chance?

• Posted

Hi Sam, did you get to the bottom of your issue? I'm experiencing identical issues. I get random bouts of burping.

• Posted

this sounds like ibs try gaviscon advance for the burning acid, i have gastritis and it helps.... massively!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.