Are these symtoms typical?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can please help. I started with aches and stabbing pains in my head a month ago along with neck and back ache and muscle tightness. I went to my gp who ordered blood tests which came back normal. I was told to rest and take pain killers which I did. Two weeks later the pains went for 4 days and then came back along with a feeling of congestion and pain above my upper teeth and fatigue. I gave it another 10 days and went to my gp again and was diagnosed with a sinus infection and was given antibiotics. I would just like some clarification whether stabbing head pains above temples and back of head along with squeezing sensations are typical of a sinus infection as online NHS and health pages say otherwise. I also have tight neck muscles and back ache. I'm 23years old and otherwise healthy. I am very worried that these aches and pains may be down to something else and feel that the doctor may just be guessing at a sinus infection as my other symptoms don't fit anything typical. Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had stabbing pains all over my head-top, back, behind ears. The Dr said it was sinus infection (my nose and forehead hurt too) and because blood vessels etc were swollen, they pressed on nerves etc This went on for a few months then just got better very slowly. I guess he was right, hang in there x

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm usually very healthy so these pains have really worried/scared me. I'm also experiencing back, neck and chest ache though I guess this could be viral also? X

• Posted

I know, I was very frightened too. The Dr seemed very laid back about it all and I was stressed to death! Hope you feel better soon, it does time time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.