Are these syptoms to 'chronic,' for IBS?

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the past month I've been either constipated or had diaherroa.

I"ve had cramps and gas, flatulence - smells gross.

Now i just seem to have diaherroa and anything I put in my mouth makes me feel ill, even water. Dr says it's unlikely to be IBS as IBS isn't that bad.

Anyone have IBS that does have it this bad?

I've tried everything, eating nothing, only fibre - for a while it got better - two days - then I'd have a normal poop followed by diaherra (spelling) and now only the Diahorrea! It's driving me insane and I'm worried it's something much worse.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I've done a complete BC, which was fine, no inflammation or anything, slightly elevated wbc - but no one was concerned. I asked for a parasite and blood stool test which I"m doing this week and I've asked for a colonscopy - which I may or may not get on my insurance.  I've been diagnosed with IBS before, but I think all Dr's say that when they don't know what else it is!  I've done lots of blood stool tests but never anything more.
  • Posted

I'm not losing weight either.  I've had episodes like this before, but this is the worst one so far, it's awful. Bloating, gas, indigestion ... I"m also a chronic worry wort too, I have a anxiety disorder too - well anxiety but I have been really good for a while.
    • Posted

I have food intollerance, lactose, wheat and onions. Try leaving out milk for a few days x 
  • Posted

Yeah im not hungry, so will eat very little!   Does it sound like IBS though?
  • Posted

Hello

I am sorry to read what you are going through,  I am also going through the same thing and have been for the pat couple of years.  I genrally have a upset stomach (raely is it normal!) i have had numorous blood tests, stool tests, colonoscopy, endoscopy & ulra sound.  All come back clear.

My Gp said its IBS however my stomach consultant nevr mentioned this, as you say I think doctors say this when they don't know what is wrong with you! As IBS is undiagnosable!

I have tried many things, probiotics, pepermint tea, change in diet several times, unfortunately no cure as yet. 

Pepermint tea is great for the digestive system and does no harm so would recommend this also taking acidiphilius (good bacteria).

Good luck I hope you find the answers your lookin g for.

• Posted

Than you so much everyone for your replies!! I am worried it might be colon cancer but I think I'm jumping to conclusions. I have had this many times before, today is almost normal but sometimes it is.

I will definitely try get a colonoscopy at least that is factual rather than guess work by Dr. Not sure about the H pylori bug as I was tested for that only 5 months ago! But so very helpful thank you for sharing with me!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.