Are these typical of shingles??? Need advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all, 36 y old male here ..suffer from health anxiety on and off for years

i notice small rash on back of right shoulder on Thursday last week and have since had the following symptoms. i stress i also got the rash checked and was told it was shingles

Swollen Lymph Node on Right of my neck

Fatigue and Malaise just generally feeling unwell. Headaches and weaknesses.

i searched on Google and the symptoms seem to fit....im 5 days in since the rash appeared and are not feeling great....how much longer before the tiredness and fatigue go?

thanks in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Gary, so sorry to hear you are diagnosed with shingles. I am asking myself the same thing - how much longer. I developed symptoms 3 weeks ago and it would appear, looking at websites, that for most it is around 2 to 3 weeks; a bit like when you get flu. For some its longer. I have known several people who had it and recovered completely. You have age on your side but seems it will be longer than 5 days. Hope you feel better soon but please rest when you get tired, it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.