Are these typical symptoms of endometriosis? Waiting on diagnosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi,

ive been suffering with super heavy periods since i started having them at 13 (im 22 now).

im on the pill which regulates the periods but the pain and heaviness is horrendous. i get horrible aches and pains in my lower abdomen and my back, even when not on my period. i have to have a hot water bottle at all times as it is the only thing to slightly relieve my pain, i get pelvic pain also. it hurts in my tummy to urinate or pass bowel movements when on my period to the point i could cry. i also get occasional pain during sex, which can sometimes feel like cramping. i lose so much blood during a period i can barely function and i am often fatigued. also, ive not seen many mention this, but i get like a popping / bubbling feeling in my abdomen which i dont think is gas?

awaiting further appointments and lap from gynae after having transvaginal done

just want to feel less crazy, does anyone else get these symptoms? thanks gals x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Hi

Your not going crazy 🤪 endometriosis can affect you all month. Glad your got a lap Atleast you know for sure.

As for the bubble feeling, I get that, it's like farting in your stomach haha

Got endometriosis and Adenomyosis

So I understand, I thought I was crazy for years till I got diagnosed and changed GPs

Kind regards

• Posted

Ps

Don't let anyone make you feel like it's in your head. x

• Edited

thank you so much, i feel so defeated i could cry !! the pain is horrendous x

• Edited

Your so welcome

If anybody going to understand is women on this site.

Don't give up.

It's a horrible horrible condition, makes it worse it's invisible. Hope you're pain better and hopefully with a great Dr

X

• Edited

I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2009 age 21 I through a lap. Had painful heavy periods since I started aged 13. during my period I get awful stomach cramps, back ache and thigh ache in both legs but the rest of the month id be pain free. until 8 weeks ago I now have constant pain in my left leg, left lower abdominal area, lower back and between my shoulder blades I have this awful crushing pain! had a transvaginal ultrasound about 3 weeks ago and I have endometriomas on my ovaries so I've been reffered to gyne and now waiting to hear from them. I'm in constant pain 24/7 I hope they get to the bottom of It!

• Posted

It's horrible ain't it

Keep strong

I know the feeling, I get heavy legs or so weak.

X

• Posted

It is horrible! I had a letter through today my first appointment isn't until the 2nd of September so 5 weeks tomorrow! It's a long time to wait when your in daily agony and i won't get treatment straight away so I think I'll be lucky to get a lap before Christmas. I also rang my gp about the crushing pain I get between my shoulder blades as I don't think that's ovary related and he agrees and has reffered me for physiotherapy. honestly feels like there is a tumour or something there but doc called it mechanical pain and says it's muscle related.

• Posted

Along with these symptoms, is anybody passing blood clots? I am so scared because I have never passed blood clots bigger than quarter sized, but today was way bigger. My period pains get worse every month. I'm finally going to call the Dr. but I am afraid to hear it is cancer or something.

• Posted

hey, you still active on here?

just thought id reply as you sound as worried as me! would love to have a chat and see how your doing now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.