Are these visual symptoms normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey! I hope you all are well! 

I have been having some crazy vision symptoms which themselves are driving me crazy haha

I sometimes seem to see shadows or like a random dimmed area in my vision for a second, mostly out of the corner of my eye but more or less in my line of sight as well. I get random big dark/shadowy spots in my vision which are more like "areas" i guess.. it's extremely hard to explain, they are just out of my line of sight, move and disappear if i try to look at it. a lot of light flashes too... everything I just described happens for no more than a second, so I doubt they are floaters, the dark spots also don't seem to fit the description of floaters.

so are these considered normal? I'm worried they are hallucinations.. 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was experiencing the dark shadow spots in my vision, always at the bottom of my eye. I also experienced what I believe is called "visual snow"..best way i can describe it is if you looked at a blank wall, it would look pixelated. I noticed the days I had bad tension in my neck the symptoms were worse. I went to my optician to get my eyes checked and everything was fine. Since feeling less anxious, I am no longer experiencing the dark spots.

Go to your doctor/optician to get it checked, to give you a piece of mind. 

• Posted

You can get drops for your eyes that make them moist this will stop you getting the floaters in the eyes

There are other drps that can also help you clean out your tear ducts etc, they may help. You can get the drops at a Chemist or from your GP.

When did you last get your eyes checked ?

BOB

BOB

• Posted

This isnt a forum question and answer that should comfort you. This is an eye exam is needed as soon as possible. Then ask the Dr. no games with the eyes. Anxiety and migraines can  do all weird things  never second guess the eyes. It is simple to get an exam. They will check your retinas and optic nerves and the health of your eyes.
  • Posted

Hi Ziggy.

You describe your vision problems , what medication if any are you taking right now please ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.