Are these withdrawal symptoms? Please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on Fluoxetine 20mg for four and a hafl weeks. I had so many side effects that after a discussion with my GP decided to come off them.

?I took one as normal last Monday, then had food poisoning so probably didn't really get that dose. I then missed Tuesdays tablet - was having panic attack after panic attack at this point. I took a tablet on Wednesday and felt even worse. I haven't had any tablets since.

?I still feel dreadful now - I have major nausea, I feel really weak, I keep feeling sort of faint and weird, my arms and legs feel like lead, my stomach feels upset, no appetite and just generally feel awful.

?Has anyone else had these after stopping Fluoxetine?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like it - I'm having a similar problem after stopping sertraline , I only took it for 2 days so I didn't taper off it I just stopped. , haven't took any for a week now and I'm still not right I'm feeling weird with freezing cold hands and feeling faint , chills and tingling going up my head. I was on citalopram a while ago but tapered off very slowly and that seemed to help rather than just stopping.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad too. I really hate feeling like this. I started fluoxetine to help with anxiety and agoraphobia, but I'd rather feel like I did before than like this!

• Posted

This is really helpful to me as I am thinking of coming off them o have an appointment this week I have been on this medication 4 weeks it's absolutely awful made me feel worse rather than improved I was on 20 mg of citalopram and it really worked dropped to 10mg and then had a lapse! I wish I never started taking medication. I'm going to try to just be myself and have no medication if this works happy days if not I'm at the end of my tether I have been so patient but cannot cope anymore xx

• Posted

I have been taking a fluoxetine every other day now for a week, trying to come off them, up until yesterday didn't feel too bad, but today has not been as good, maybe withdrawal is kicking i don't know, I wish I had never gone on them x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.