Are they still alive?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey folks, it's that time in parenthood that I get to ask about Threadworms!! My son who is 8 got threadworms about 2 wks ago and we have been taking the meds and doing all the essential house cleaning and handwashing. We change underwear every day and at night, change bedsheets and hand towels pretty much every day! So far it looks like we have this under control as I check both my kids bums every morning and use hot soapy face clothes to clean them(and myself!). I wash all the towels and bedsheets at 60 degree wash. I am, to say the least paranoid about anything resembling a worm, and have noticed what appear to be threads on towels/sheets post wash and look like they move! Am I imagining this? Is my machine not washing them properly? They don't look like the threadworms from my kids bums but I'm just not sure. Any help would be veryuch appreciated as I can't find any info on anyone seeing or coentity on it. I just hate the thoughts of doing all this cleaning and it's not be effective😔

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi edward im sorry to hear you have had this problem how is the treatment going was you able to get rid of them with one treatment ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.