are those bad ovarian cysts???

Posted , 4 users are following.

so my last period was on 28 august and is still hadn't got my period. so i went to doctor and he said that i have cysts but i didn't get if those are bad or i have nothing to worry about. if anybody knows anything that can help please help me 😃 i am so worried

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi did he say you have a complex cyst/dermoid or fluid-filled cysts? Fluid-filled cysts often go away on their own. Worst case if one ruptures you can be in a lot of pain for weeks but they are not deadly. A complex cyst or dermoid is made off fat tissue and usually benign. Depending on the size (under 7cm) they will usually leave it alone and watch it or if it looks too big they may recommend surgery to avoid torsion (aka the cyst flipping your ovary over). I have had both. I had a fluid cyst that burst. Hella painful for a few months really. And I currently have a dermoid I'm debating surgery on as is about 4cm but may or may not keep growing. If you have surgery on a dermoid you may risk losing the ovary. I'm surprised the doctor didn't explain anything to you!

• Posted

he didn't say anything he sent me to another doctor to check my hormones but i don't think i have to worry cause my period is late probably i have those cysts from my period being late.

• Posted

it is likely he sent you to test your hormones as this is a classic sign pf PCOS that you are showing on your ultrasound as well as irregular periods

• Posted

hey. just wanted to ask since this is a really big fear. didn't you have the dermoid before? i knew you are born with them. i had surgery for a dermoid before ans the doctor didn't see anything wrong with the other ovary but at a checkup he recently told me he sees a dermoid on the other ovary (he had forgotten he took a dermoid out fro. the other one). he said it s a complex cyst and since i thought you were only borned with dermoids i didn't think it could be the case and i'm really scared

• Edited

I think you can also develop them later. They didn't see mine until I was about 39 and it was 2cm so I don't think I was born with it. I'm 48 and it's now about 5cm. Sometimes they say it's the cells of a baby that didn't get made. So I think you can get them as you become sexually active past puberty too.

• Posted

oh, thank you so much for the answer. the thing is, if it has solid parts i was hoping it would be a dermoid, but wasn't sure if it was possible to develop it later...or if solid, excluding the dermoid too, would mean something else

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.