Are vaginal boils/abscesses dangerous? I'm scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, about two weeks ago i noticed my upper labia I think was swollen so I guessed it was one of those foruncles one gets after shaving. I drain it but it was just a tiny ammount of pus and then lots of blood came out. I cleaned it with alcohol and then I left it alone and I realized It was swelling even more and the pain was incredibly unbearable I couldn't even move and it eas stinging. So last monday I woke up and noticed it had burst on its own i guess and there were lots of pus (sorry for that tmi) so I cleaned it again with alcohol and put a gauce. That day I too 500mg ampcilin and the following three days and I stopped last thursday. The swelling has subsided but there's a tiny area that feels like theres still pus and the head of the boil is uncovered like a little hole. I'm about to get my period, I've always use pads but I'm scared I will get TSS or sepsis with my period blood gets into the boil. I change pads every 4 hours but i'm scared, I started the antibiotics again, two 500 mg ampicilin every 8 hours, to reduce risk of spreadung. What can i do to heal the head of the boil faster?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Apple cider is your best friend here and avoid all antibiotics. Long run antibiotics will be the cause of your spreading (not that way).
  • Posted

Hello..just saw your post and thought maybe I can help...

For several years I have gotten one in the vaginal area and it always comes back in the same place knock on wood I have not had it again now for 5 years but prior to that I had had it sliced and drained yes very painful what I found is a small tube at the drugstore you can buy it it's black and it looks like tar and I can't remember the name now but the 1st couple of letters is actually TA are and looks like black tar and if you put that on put it on overnight put some gauze over it and tape it down with a band-aid and try to even put it on during the day for a couple of days and it will draw it out naturally and you can avoid having it surgically drained at the dermatologist whenever I see it starting a new 1I just put a little bit of that on there and it seems to work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.