Are you a smoker?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Most dermatologists that I have seen have said smoking and nicotine is bad for HS. I do smoke. I'm wanting to know if anyone else does as it may be linked.?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I smoke and any doctor will tell you smoking is bad for everything! I'm not saying they ain't right, but come on!

Any way I got my first boil at 12 years. I started smoking at 14. And the boils became nasty from 16 years old.

My period started around my first boil.

So hormonal connection.

When I eat loads of chocolate my boils become nasty and painful.

When I was 18 and already tried a lot from my doctor I got another doctor who prescribed me a stronger birth control pill. This worked for quite some time.

Again hormones if you ask me.

Now I'm 40 and had up and downs with the HS. I still smoke. I eat less chocolate. And still or back again on the same birth control pill.

What I use is magnesium, Zink, L-Carnitine and recently started black seed oil.

I think Zink and L-Carnitine are a big help.

I also use baking soda for exfoliating boils and skin.

Iodine balm, scrub, liquid when I have a boil.

Really hot water under the shower to make the boil pop.

And diaper rash ointment with zinc in it.

Try to figure out what food triggers your boils. It took me about 20 years to realize mine is chocolate.

• Posted

I smoke and I'm about to quit bc I know it will help and my condition is only getting worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.