Are you electromagnetic stress sensitive?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don’t know about you guys but do you feel worse when you’ve been looking at your phone or laptop too long? Technology is wonderful but it does give off electromagnetic fields that effect us on a cellular level. When you have cfs/me or similar, we seem to be extra sensitive. I know I feel the effects of electromagnetic stress when I’ve been on my phone too long. It can cause physical & mental issues including headaches, brain fog & memory issues. I can feel extremely wired & tired & causes pins & needles & all over pain to be worse. it can be hard to avoid for those of us who are predominantly house bound & have to shop online. Our phones are often our lifeline & only contact with the outside world. Or even if you are well enough to work it often means being surrounded with technology. At home we mostly tent to have WiFi in our homes plus lots of electrical appliances & gadgets- microwaves being the worst!

So, Here are a few tips I found to help reduce the effects:- Always turn off anything electrical at the switch rather than leaving on standby where you can. (It also saves on electric!) reduce the time you spend looking at phones, laptops pc’s etc (if they effect you) or try to space it out. Never sleep with your phone next to your bed. Or if you have to keep it nearby put it on flight mode. Other tips I’ve read about include getting out in nature- that being the best thing as can help to disperse the negative effects of technology. I know not always possible & also weather permitting. Tree hugging apparently helps to ground us. (If you’re lucky enough to have trees around) and walking bare foot. I’d only do that in summer as my feet are always freeeeezing! Being in contact with nature is so good for us so if you have pets they can really help to ground us.

There are things you can buy to help eliminate the effects. Things you can put in your home & stickers to put on your phone. They are pricey & really not sure if they do work but may be worth a try. I realise most of you know this stuff, but sometimes a gentle little reminder can help 😁

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I totally agree. I don't have wifi in my home anymore because I got heart palpitations from it. It's a pain to have everything hooked up to wires, but my heart health is better. I love earthing but I live in Chicago and we have about 6 months of cold weather (which is fine since I'm very heat sensitive) but it makes it difficult to earth. So I have a small earthing pad in my bed and my feet touch the pad when I sleep. I think it helps. I'm on my laptop here and there during the day and it can be draining. You're absolutely right. A lot of people think I'm making this all up so it's good to hear from someone who can relate. I've also refused the smart meter installation and I pay the $21 fee every month to have the "right" to turn down something that causes health issues. .... crazy!!!!

• Posted

Yes, I totally agree. I don't have wifi in my home anymore because I got heart palpitations from it. It's a pain to have everything hooked up to wires, but my heart health is better. I love earthing but I live in Chicago and we have about 6 months of cold weather (which is fine since I'm very heat sensitive) but it makes it difficult to earth. So I have a small earthing pad in my bed and my feet touch the pad when I sleep. I think it helps. I'm on my laptop here and there during the day and it can be draining. You're absolutely right. A lot of people think I'm making this all up so it's good to hear from someone who can relate. I've also refused the smart meter installation and I pay the $21 fee every month to have the "right" to turn down something that causes health issues. .... crazy!!!!

• Posted

I limit myself to certain times during the day to use my phone or iPad & i have a cut off point from 7.30pm or I’ve got no hope of sleeping when I’m “wired”

I like the sound of an Earth pad. I will look into this.

My gas/electric company been trying to get me to have a smart meter the last few years & I've declined but the guy who read my meter last said it will eventually be compulsory. Can’t remember if he said next year or 2020. That’s crazy that they charge you to opt out when it’s apparently meant to be free!! Hmmm we obviously pay for the cost somewhere among the line hey!

• Posted

I have to start shutting down in the early evening, too, or else I'm too wired to sleep.

• Posted

emf's......you're absolutely correct.....our bodies aren't used to all these low level radiations 24/7....smart meters, cell phones, hand held phones of any kind, microwaves, routers, boosters seem to be the WORST! if we could at least turn all these things off at night (i realize you can't turn off your smart meter) it would help a lot......I think 6 states will now let you OPT OUT of having a smart meter....i know we did!

and you're right again, if you have to have your cell phone with you at least put it on airplane mode as much as possible......and yes, your alarm clock on your cell will work in airplane mode 😃

good luck everyone....p.s. try not to live close to cell towers or large power lines

• Posted

We managed without all these things years ago. Its just the crazy rat race that has become “life” There is a lot to be said for living in the country - with no WiFi etc.

I know when I’ve had days without being surrounded by emf’s my brain feels a whole lot clearer. If I lived in a hot country I’d be tempted to build a lovely log cabin & live off the land. Build a little community for close friends & family to be near by. In an ideal world. It’s good to dream...

• Posted

Hi pet,

I think of it as too much screen time myself not necessarily the emf stuff.

I too have said no to smart meter and was told I'd have to read my meter more often. which i refused as legally you only need to submit every 2 years?

Beverley

• Posted

yes this is something i will come across soon. It's crazy how these emf's effect us so negatively.

I hope you're having a good day. I just had 7 hours sleep! The best sleep i've had in a long while. I think the body finally gives up at times. May it continue! Again.. good to dream...

Pet

• Posted

pet48859......wahooooo....good for you....7 hours sleep! i'm VERY happy for you.....yes, emf's effect us VERY negatively.....and i think we are just seeing the tip of the iceburg.

i'm doing everything in my house to at least make my bedroom have no wifi, and as little emf's as possible....i.e. TURNING EVERYHTING OFF at night...cell phones, computers, routers, etc etc.....i swear it is helping.

• Posted

Hi Jen,

Yes every little helps. Like you say it’s just the tip of the iceberg. It may not be the answer to the cure we so wish for but it does help to find what can ease the symptoms. I also keep my rest room free of electric - although I must admit I do have my phone & iPad near by - so I guess that kinda defeats the object. (I’m just far too nosey & don’t want to miss anything! Lol)

In the mean time we experiment with lots of other things in search for some relief. We have to become our own scientist.

• Posted

I like it when you get on a good run with sleep. hope it continues for you.

Beverley

• Posted

I spoke too soon.. lucky if i got an hour & a half all night- & that was broken. I think there'll be some nanna naps today. Only conselation is i should hopefully sleep better tonight. I try not to stress about it any more. (Think i'll take a 5HTP to help get my Zzzzz's tonight)

• Posted

oh dang.....goodluck tonight! I certainly know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

• Posted

That's a shame Pet,

Hope tonight is better for you. I had a strange night with odd dreams but, decided a long time ago that I won't seek out what time it is unless it's looking light outside.

I have fallen asleep during the day the last few days and have had an in house day today. have a cold or some other virus presently and are letting that take it's course.

Do you find you sleep better in winter? I prefer the dark myself.

Beverley

• Posted

Well that certainly was a better night. Nearly 8 hours last night! Wahooo!!! 2 good nights in a week is unheard of! I’m the same with checking the time - or like you say - NOT to is the best way. I agree it’s best to roll with it. I’m not sure if I sleep any better winter or summer but I do prefer the dark too so maybe winter is best for getting longer sleeps?

I have to confess I started taking a new supplement 3 weeks ago & I'm feeling quite excited about it. I’ve noticed a lot of changes, not just better sleeps this last week. I’m giving it a little longer to experiment to write a post about it as some things I’ve tried in the past show signs of helping in the beginning but can be short lived. Trying not to get too excited at the minute as we know where that may takes us...

I’m sorry to hear you’ve picked up a virus.. I hope that passes quickly. You are doing the best you can allowing it. Acceptance is key. Often it’s not what happens but the way we respond to it that causes the problem. I hope you had a better night & no pesky dreams.

Pet

• Posted

Hi pet,

That's great re the sleep, hope tonight is the same. Curious-what is the supplement ? I've been taken feroglobin but often only half the dose I should (1 teaspoon when it should be 2) for a few months. feel it is helpful but not sure how to explain how? I felt worse more often without it is the best I can say.

My sleep was very disturbed and not sure why. Hopefully better tonight! I fell asleep during the day again though, maybe a link there.

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Beverly,

It’s a mineral supplement I’m taking called Restore. You could maybe do some research on it before I say too much... as you say these things can take time & I've started on a lower dose than recommended. So I’d want to keep taking it a little longer to get it in my system & see if it has any real lasting benefits - as I know we all try so many things that can be short lived so don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up. But things are definitely looking up for me.. in a few different ways- slow but sure.. It’s also that thing where what works for one doesn’t work for another aswell. It’s all to do with the gut.. the gut is the 2nd brain & controls so many things & we often need healing on a cellular level. 70% of our immune system is in our gut. It's unbelievable how foods, meds & the environment effects us. It’s very interesting stuff!!

I understand completely when you say you can’t explain how you’ve felt better, but just know you feel worse without taking something. I can honestly say with this I can say what’s improved. The 1st thing was more clarity - the brain fog is lifting & I can think a lot clearer. Sleep is improving, I am stronger on my legs to stand longer (usually not much more than a minute) I do feel more energy & stamina but I’m trying hard not to use it up at the minute if that makes sense, as don’t want to over do it. Kind of allowing it to build up so not doing too much extra to report at the minute but feel that I could. Just being cautious there to begin with. It’s early days, I’ve got to give my body a chance to do what it needs to do. It helps massively if you suffer from any tummy issues. I had slow transit stools initially (being polite) but that is normal when 1st start & is now returning to normal.

Oh so I’ve said quite a bit already lol. I was saving it for a future post so could tell others but had to tell you so far how I’m doing as you asked. I’m feeling a little excited about it 😃

Yes I often wonder if there is a link with sleeping during the day - I do try not to but can often make no difference. If we try to stay awake we can get over tired so then there is no hope of sleeping. I try to listen to my body what I feel it needs, if I need a nap I have one, lucky it’s never much more than a 20 minute cat nap. For me if it’s much more than that it will effect my sleep at night. I find I have to wind down before bed time for a few hours, as if not I’m over stimulated & can’t relax.

Phew... I’ll sign off now my fingers have pins & needles from typing. Blooming electro magnetic stress!!!

Pet

• Posted

Hi pet,

I understand your caution re the new supplement. I felt cautious about the feroglobin at first too. The new one I started on contains ginseng and vitamin d and I wasn't sure if it was a good idea but am ok with it.

It sounds like yours is really helping in lots of areas though, even at a lower dose.

The stomach is very much a part of our immune response and the whole system is affected by the fight/flight signals cfs/me creates which in turn affects the digestion. I have ibs symptoms from the cfs/me and am very aware of my diet having an affect so I eat organic when i can etc.

I've had a busier day than I'd like today so will sign off for now and maybe it will help with sleeping tonight.

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Beverly, i hope you managed to get a good sleep after your busy day & today is a little more settled for you.

Yes Restore is proving quite promising (so far) It does mention how it can help the ANS (autonomic nervous system) the gut controls a lot of areas which are effected by cfs/me although there are no specific claims to help any one condition. I guess they’re just not allowed to make such claims to be fair. It’s produced in America but we can purchase here in the U.K. I’ll warn you it’s not cheap though!! It’s something we have to research & decide for ourselves. There is a video on you tube you may like to watch it’s by Zach Bush MD “eat dirt & thrive” its an hour & half long but well worth a listen. (You could break it up)

I also take another supplement called proargi 9 plus which contains L-arginine (which is good for heart health) & L-citraline -an amino acid to help blood flow. vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin B6 & vitamin B12 & K. I feel this has also helped me a lot & given me more strength. (Something else to research) these things are not cheap but work far better than any pharmecaudicals I’ve ever tried & far more gentler on the system without any nasty side effects.

Good look researching 😁

(& also pacing)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.