Are your symptoms worse at different times of day?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My symptoms tend to be much worse in the morning and day and calm down in the evening. 

In the daytime I have horrendous nausea, dizziness and visual disturbances. They can calm down a little in the evening where my eyes can focus better and I can eat some. 

Anyone experience similar and found the cause? I'm wondering if it's hormone-related as cortisol is much higher in the morn kicking off the symptoms that last the whole day. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nat yes I have exact same thing better at night morning and during day is terrible feel like I have visual disturbances and feels like I'm constantly on a boat all day it's the worst 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Have you found out why? What have you been diagnosed with?

It's so crushing, in the evening I can feel almost normal and have hope that maybe tomorrow will be better and then I wake up and it's the same thing. 

• Posted

They have tested everything and tell me it's perimenapause hormone imbalance I just hate to go on hormones but I am really tired of feeling this way and it makes my anxiety much worse 

• Posted

If you don't mind Nat me asking your age ? I am almost 49

• Posted

Lisa, I'm 41. I've had my hormones tested and I'm not in perimenopause

I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet. Still going through all the diagnostics but I don't want to seem like a crazy person when I tell the drs I feel better in the evenings. 

I don't respond well to hormones. I've always had difficult reactions to various bc pills I've tried and had long lasting and sever all day morning sickness with both my pregnancies. So I understand your fear. If you're willing to experiment you can see a functional medicine doctor. They treat hormone imbalances with bio identical hormones. BioTe is one such brand many use. But functional mds are all out of pocket and can be very expensive. Where are you based?

• Posted

I'm in CA but working w a functional md out of Winston-Salem. If you'd like to talk to her you can message me and I can give you her info. 

• Posted

Does anyone who suffers from VM s suffer with MCAD and histamine problems?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.