Aripiprazole and Zopiclone

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys!

I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I disorder after months of depressive episodes and now a major manic phase which i am still experiencing (6 weeks).

Just wondering what people's experience may be after taking Aripiprazone (15mg) and Zopiclone (7.5mg) daily. Tonight is my first night and sort of expected the Zopiclone to take effect immediately as its a sedative but i'm still fully alert after taking it 5 hours ago.

I was prescribed Duloxetine (60mg) and Trazodone (100mg) per night before this and they both worked wonders but that was before I swung into this manic phase.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

LeeLee

8)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya.

I've been taking aripiprazole (slowly raised to 30mg) for a couple of months now), and I've been taking zopiclone as needed for a couple of weeks. I also take venlafaxine and lorazepam.

Aripiprazole has started to reduce my manic upswings and clear my head of any mixed or psychotic \"clutter\" over the time I've been on it. Zopiclone does work to help me sleep sometimes, but other times, like you, I'm still alert.

• Posted

Hi Guest, are you still on aripiprazal? I take 30mg too, but find I feel detached on it. Do you have any side effects. I sometimes take zopiclone and find I get five hours sleep on it.
  • Posted

Hi!

I've been on Temazepam for 3 years now following major depressoin and nervouse breakdown. It did used to help me get to sleep but now I found it no longer works as, like you, I am in a manic phase. I force myself to go to bed and do eventually nod off. I think a routine helps. However, 2 to 3 hours later I'm wide awake, full of beans and raring to go. It's driving my hubby mad.

I'm still on 120mg odf Duloxetine but was taking this with the mood stabilizer Carbamazepine. Things were pretty good, though I was a little on the high side. Now I'm reducing Carbamazepine because we want a baby. I took my last one yesterday. As I've gradually reduced my dose over 3 months, I've got more and more manic symptoms and would say I'm hypomanic. My fear is that my mood is going to escalate. My GP says I need to leave 2 weeks' gap before trying to reduce the Duloxetine as this could be causing the mainia. Maybe you have a similar problem in that your anti-depressant is also lifting your mood too high. You need sedatives instead?

Potty P x

• Posted

I also take aripiprazole and zopiclone and it helps me get to sleep for a couple of hours then I'm wide awake again most of the night. Why did they take you off duloxetine and trazodone if they helped you sleep?
    • Posted

Hey Jackie, what dose of aripiprazole are you on? I take 30mg and feel detached. I work part-time at moment, which is hard when so sedated. Do you have any side effects?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.