arm muscle weakness and candesartan 8mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

for a few days candesartan was helpfull then the side effects set in. especially dizziness and arm muscle pain and elbow joint any one else have this problem

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I to have been having muscle and arm joint pains. I also have back ache
  • Posted

I've had a warm feeling in my left arm only. It comes and goes in different spots. Sometimes it feels sharper. I'm trying to figure out if its the medicine or something caused by a previous tooth infection.

I was previously taking a high blood pressure medicine that caused low potassium levels so I had terrible aches in my legs. I saw four different doctors before one mentioned that this could happen with that medication. In between time I suffered.

Now here we go again?

• Posted

I also take candesartan 8 mg level and have experienced muscle and joint pains in elbow, knee, and ankle. The worst being my right knee. As a result my GP arranged both an X-ray and scan of that area. Results suggest normal wear and tear linked to age (in my 60's) . However, this does not address the muscle weakness and pain elsewhere . Having just read the possible side effects of this drug I clearly need to return to the GP as this possibility has not been discussed with me .

I have also been playing badminton in a vague attempt to keep fit and this could obviously contribute too but

This forum discussion opens up the side effect possibility too . Anyone else ?

• Posted

I am on Candesartan 8mgs (was on 16mgs until 3 months ago)

I have always felt that my muscle tone is affected by Candesartan.

The problems I have identified are

Sluggish bowels

Sprains that take months to recover

Joint pains that cause me to wake frequently at night.

My BP is now within normal limits and I believe it is the combination of Candesartan and Amlodepine 5mgs that has given me a healthy BP level.

I do Yoga and swimming to try and counteract theses effects with some good results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.