Arm Numbness: Any Solutions?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My arm feels asleep. I've never felt this before. I'm kind of stopping myself from going to the doc because I KNOW it's anxiety related. I was just at the doc's last week and my heart and everything came back fine! However, I can't ignore the discomfort I feel in my left arm. My palpitations stopped a bit but now my left arm is like, tingling. I feel like I'm just carrying it around it's so weird! I think maybe it's because I've been laying on my right side (to avoid laying on my heart side bc of the palpitations I've had before) and maybe since all my weight was coming from left to right it hurts? Idk. But even typing on my phone feels weird. Has anyone else dealt with this and is there a fix? I've tried icing it, resting it, even put some muscle cream on it, to no avail. Anxiety took my arm and I hate it 🙄

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could also be pinched nerves. I deal with this on a weekly basis and my anxiety hits the roof! I get pain and tingling, but my mind tricks me into thinking it's my heart. It's a terrible feeling and I have learned to control it. There are days, though, when I can't control it and I'm up all night and live in fear. 

• Posted

Do you have any remedies for it? I'm so tired of being scared of going out/moving around. It starts to hurt more if I do, but lessens when I'm distracted. It's seriously affecting my life and now idk what to do 

• Posted

Hi you have just said yourself that when you are not thinking about it the tingling sensation lessens.The only way to beat ànxiety symptoms is not to constantly be thinking about them.The more you keep your focus on other things the less you will notice the symptoms.Go out with your friends the more you isolate yourself the worse you will get.Go to your doctor and ask for therapy for anxiety.

• Posted

I most certainly agree with marleen85993 about therapy. However, in my case the pinched nerves caused my anxiety to skyrocket because I overthought everything. I always think I'm dying. When it first happened I hired a certified massage therapist to help loosen my knots. It took three sessions, but the tingling disappeared. It does come and go, but I know now what the problem is. When it happens again and I cannot control my anxiety because of the pain and numbness I listen to meditation videos on YouTube that help calm me, at least until I can afford to get my massage. If that doesn't work I have to take my Xanax which I try to stay away from because I firmly believe I can beat it. I want to beat it on my own. We don't win every battle, but we will overcome this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.