arm pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone, well as you all know i have suffered with my cs for the past 19yrs. i recently went to the drs with pains down both arms, it is excruciating there is nerve pain as well as aching, and sharp pain. i saw a student dr and she then involved another dr at the practise, they both examined me, but didnt take into account that the pain is keeping me awake or that i am taking more co-codamo;l than prescribed. guess what diagnosis i got FROZEN SHOULDER. i am so sick of them all, i sound a bit mad dont i but what is a girl to do??????? HELP

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris

I believe that frozen shoulder is a symptom of CS and Fibromyalgia? I get it regularly and it is so painful that it also keeps me awake at nights. I was told that it is another one of those things that we must suffer and keep taking the tablets? It does pass but problem is that it keeps flaring up again and there isn't much they can do. The only option is corsidone injections if it becomes really severe but I refused them. My brother had them for years and they are so painful and never really helped much. Decided to decline myself and wait for it to settle.

I know how you feel about not making it up and feel like a nuisance myself most of the time. I have so many symptoms that I feel like a hypochondriac but luckily my GP is very good and reassures me.

Hope you feel better very soon and keep your chin up.

Love Lyn x

• Posted

Hi Folks,

I had problems with the neurosurgeon regarding my shoulders. I told him of the sharp pains extending from my hands, up my arms and through my shoulders to my neck. Because I said \"shoulder\" he said that the cause is in my shoulders and that I should have them looked at. The stupid burke did not understand that when the pains travel from my arms to my neck they have to go through my shoulders, the pains are not able to make a detour via my arse. Thankfully my GP dismissed the neuro's ideas.

Chest pains are another of the symptoms of CS. I had chest pains and was sent for various heart tests which proved negative. Again it is due to the super-highway of nerves coming from our spine.

I had a return call from Physio Direct the other day. Apparently I'm on the waiting list to get on the waiting list, I should receive details of the appointment waiting list the middle of January but the woman did not say which year.

Have a very merry Christmas everyone.

:holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :cracker: :cracker::cracker: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly:

Janner

• Posted

Hi there,

I have been getting arm and hand pain now for the last few months. My hands always feel as though they are going to cramp up and they ache all the time. Writing is not good as after a couple of lines of writing I have to stop. Typing is easier, but even then after a short while it is not good. I have posted an experience on here under 'hand and arm pain', which details the tests I have had, perhaps you could ask for the same.

I find driving is painful as my arms are always up a bit on the steering wheel. I constantly have to alternate my arms and put one down to help the pain. Do you have the same problem? Would be good to hear.

:lol: :lol:

Don't give up!

Backspin Alien

• Posted

Hi, I was only diagnosed last year, but I get dreadful pains in my hands and arms too. In fact I struggle carrying shopping bags, and even my handbag. As I'm diabetic my GP is investigating other avenues before agreeing that it's from the CS. Diabetic neuropathy, side effects of meds, etc. Hey ho, have had to take the day off work today due to a weekend of horrific pain.

As a side issue, does anybody else have aching muscles all over their bodies? I currently feel like I'm about 110 and it takes me twice as long to walk anywhere. got in to see my doc and he's told me to rest for a few days.

• Posted

Hi.

Bit of a late reply, I know. Sounds like you're experiencing general fatique and aching from constantly having to battle the C/S. This is normal, for me it happens usually one day a week. It's probably best to rest up when you feel like this and this should help with replenishing your natural pain resisting resources and get you back on your feet when you feel the energy return. No point in fighting it and depleting your resources further. C/S makes many demands on the body's natural defences, even while we sleep, and without the occasional total rest it can easily become unmanageable.

Hope this helps you have a good day off !

ps... an MRI scan should reveal if C/S is causing arm/hand pains. Ask your GP.

Gerry

• Posted

Thanks Gerry. MRI? In my dreams! I was referred by one GP at my practice for a liver scan due to some dodgy blood results. The other GP couldn't see the need. When I had my scan they've found a large gall stone! Still waiting for the results back at the docs to find out the way forward (bearing in mind I've been complaining of pain and a swelling in my abdomen for 3 years!) Fortunately, as I work for the NHS I'm able to get accelerated physio appointments so I'm just waiting for a phone call to them to be returned. Watch this space (as they say)
  • Posted

hi

Probably a little good news here. I got my referral for an MRI from my physio, not my GP. GPs just don't seem to be familiar enough with the radiated nerve symptoms to be able to decide for an MRI or not. Going straight to your physio might save some time.

Gerry

• Posted

That's excellent news. I'm waiting for my physio to get back to me with an appointment. I may just mention that I've been advised to have an MRI and see if he'll refer me. Thank you. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.