Armpit lump

Posted , 3 users are following.

I discovered a lump in my armpit about six weeks ago. It’s painless and firm and I can see it quite clearly when I look in the mirror. It’s about the size of my thumb nail.  I can’t decide whether to see my GP about it or not. I get a lot of boils and I wonder if this could be another one so I’d just be wasting his time. On the other hand, it’s not painful and has lasted longer than any of my boils have before.  Is there a way to tell if it’s a boil or something else?  

I’m 37, female and generally in good health.  

Does anyone one have any experience of such a lump?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.  I can’t find anywhere for armpit lumps.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.