Armpit surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, i had armpit surgery 29th october

the surgeon signed me off for two weeks, i dont feel i am ready to go back to work this coming week, i have stitches disolvable but they havnt started to disolve, in pain and cant manage to lift my arm. i dont feel like ready to return to work, but dont want to seem work shy or people think bad of me

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

also wound has awful smell and dont feel its anywhere near healed

• Posted

What type of work do you do? Does it require you to lift your arm?

Do you think area under your arm might be infected? Perhaps you should go see the doctor to discuss these issues before you consider returning to work.

• Posted

*It may take months to heal but if pain may be infected like they said. My surgery required removable external stitches it opened during the heal time doctor didnt care and let it stay open. I would go to him or say a centra care to see if infected and get pain pills.

• Posted

Post-surgical healing took 6 weeks of going to the clinic daily to get bandage changed. Had pain most of that time and had heavy pain meds. Wound did open and was left to heal by itself and took months to heal. So it's truly a long term situation. I couldn't afford to stay home so went to school/work with it all. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Pure cotton should be ok, I am allergic to the glue on most tape but paper tape a ok with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.